REVIEW: Missha BB Boomer

Missha BB Boomer Review: The BB Cream Primer


I wasn't planning on buying this, but the sales lady talked my mom into it and she gave it to me. This is the Missha BB Boomer. It's supposedly a primer for your BB cream and the sales lady also told me that it has anti-wrinkle properties.

I was super skeptical of this because BB creams are supposed to have primer, powder, and miracle healing powers in it so why would I need a primer on top of that. The SA told me it would hydrate as well and work with my other foundations. Eh why not.

This baby retails for $168 HKD which is roughly $21 USD. Which is a little pricey for primer if you ask me.



On the front of the box it says:
"Boosts the adherence and duration of BB Cream and makes your skin brighter when applied. Its pearl antioxidant and moisturizing ingredient make your skin more radiant while leaving it moisturized.

Containing Moringa, patent ingredient, and Mannan and  Olive ingredients which have an affinity with the skin, It keeps moisture on the skin and creates moisture shield. Containing Adenosine and Arbutin, it improves skin tone and fine lines."

INGREDIENTS: 
Water
Cyclopentasiloxane
Cyclohexasiloxane
Butylene Glycol
Glycerin
Mica
PEG-10 Dimethicone
Arbutin
Titanium Dioxide
Sodium Chloride
Dicaprylyl Carbonate
Quaternium-18 Hectorite
Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer
Methylparaben
Chlorphenesin
Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer
Triethoxycaprylylsilane
Propylparaben
Fragrance
Disodium EDTA
Adenosine
Talc
Aluminum Hydroxide
Stearic Acid
Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract
Coral Powder
Diamond Powder
Mannan
Squalane
Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil
Platinum Powder
Polymethylsilsesquioxane
Ethylparaben
Phenoxyethanol
Amethyst Powder
Pearl Powder
Tourmaline
Alcohol Denat.
Tocopherol 


The packaging is exactly the same as their signature BB cream only this one is white. It's a 40 ml tube with a pump. i like the packaging because it's easy to get the primer out and you can also control the amount you want.


When the primer is pumped out of the tube. It's a white cream with slight opaqueness to it. If you look closely it also has a shiny iridescence to it. It really reminds me of how a highlight works. Well the same kinda shimmer. 


This is what it looks like slightly spread out. It's super easy to spread and has a creamy almost dry texture to it. The scent is very heavy. Like baby powder. I laughed when I first used it because the SA told me it was unscented (she was def wrong!)


This is what it looks like blended out. You can't really see the full effect of the primer bc the light isn't hitting it just right, but it does remind me of Twilight when the light hits Edward and he sparkles (obviously not as bright) but you get the point.

Over all verdict: I have to start off by saying I have combination skin, so oily t-zones and dry other places. This primer was actually drier for my skin than I thought it would be. It didn't suck up any oils but I did notice dry patches in certain areas.

I've used this with my Missha Signature BB Cream and thought it didn't enhance the BB cream any but it did make it last longer. I actually preferred it without. I've also used this with my MAC Studio Sculpt and it gave me awful dry patches.

I have to say that I've used worse and I've used better. For the expensive price it's not really something that I would say you absolutely need. It might work better for some skin types, but it just dried mine out. I'm prob gonna give this another shot when it gets warmer and see if it works better. 

Cons
  • Drying
  • Expensive
  • Might not work with darker skin tones
  • Heavy baby powder smell
  • Not available everywhere

Pros
  • Brightens complexion
  • Easy to work with
  • Enhances BB cream life


7 comments:

Anonymous said...
November 29, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I'll right away grab your rss as I can't to find your
e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
Do you've any? Kindly allow me know so that I may subscribe. Thanks.
Review my site :: free iphone

Anonymous said...
December 2, 2012 at 9:26 PM

No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she wishes to be available that in
detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.
Feel free to surf my website - drum tobacco

Anonymous said...
December 14, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which
blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
Here is my web-site - old holborn

Anonymous said...
December 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM

You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the article you write.
The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.
Also visit my blog post - drum tobacco

Anonymous said...
December 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM

You're so interesting! I don't believe I have read anything like that before.
So great to discover another person with some genuine thoughts on
this topic. Really.. thank you for starting this up.
This web site is one thing that's needed on the web, someone with some originality!
Here is my weblog : tatoo removal

Anonymous said...
January 13, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Write more, thats all ӏ havе to ѕaу.
Literally, it sееmѕ as though you reliеd on the
vіdeo to make уοur poіnt. You obviously know ωhаt yοure talking аbοut, why throw away your intellіgenсe οn
just poѕting videоs to your blog ωhen
you could bе gіνing us ѕomething enlightening tо гead?


My web blog: Do Nootropics work
Also visit my web-site :: understanding nootropics

Anonymous said...
January 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

After looking into a few of the articles on your site, I
truly appreciate your technique of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark webpage
list and will be checking back soon. Take a look at my website too and let
me know how you feel.
Here is my weblog ; diets that work

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.