August Birchbox 2012

I wrote this post way back in August when I first received the box and I forgot to hit post so if some of this info is repeat sorry! 

I have been super busy at work and I'm actually switching career fields. I'm moving from hospitality over to finance. I know big change and I'm actually changing locations as well. 

I took a big leap of faith and took a job in Hong Kong. I'll be moving at the end of the month and it's just as scary as you think it is. 

I've been in love with the same guy for years and recently, we've stopped communicating. It's time for a change. 

This month's Birchbox theme was "Beauty School." Instead of the pink box, it was yellow this month like a ruler. with their new program to help Pencils of Promise build a school. All month, Birchbox will donate 15% of proceeds from the Shop to Pencils of Promise with the goal of building schools in Central America. 




There was a cute little handout that featured makeup and skincare tips.


TALIKE |  Lipocils Expert



Shu Uemura| Full Shimmer Shampoo and Conditioner




Juicy Couture|   VIVA LA JUICY LA FLEUR  (full size cost: $70) 
The modern scent is a feminine blend of wild berries, mandarin, and water lily.



I love Juicy perfume and I was excited to see this sample. I always pick a new bottle of whatever they release but we don't have a dept store close to my school so I have to wait until it shows up at TJ Maxx.

Yu-Be|  Moisturizing Skin Creme (full size cost: $16) 



Beauty Fixation|  Lipstick Remover (full size cost: $17.50) 


I know a lot of people received the makeup remover and only got 4 swabs, so I was super stoked to see this little box of lipstick remover. I can't remember how many times, I've stained my lips bc I'm wearing bright colored lipsticks and couldn't get it off! Can't wait to see if this works.


The last thing they included was this Schick razor as a Birchbox Find. The little thingy says "We scour the high-end beauty world for products you need to try. But we also keep an eye out for affordable finds that will improve your day to day, like this new razor by Schick." To be honest, I haven't used any other brand but Venus so this will be interesting.



0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.