REVIEW: Physicians Formula pH Powered Bronzer

"Introducing the first ever pH powered makeup that adapts to the pH of your skin and your lighting environment to create the perfect shade for you in less than 60 seconds."
Makeup Powered by You!
pH Power Complex transforms into your perfectly personalized hue:
  • Flourescein Based Dye - senses the pH level of your skin and adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect shade. 
  • Photochromic Powders - light adjusting pigments adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors and outside.
Look You Best in Every Light!
LED-powered packaging lights up for touch-ups anywhere and everywhere!

Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Paraben free. Non-Comedogenic. Dermatologist approved. 


Ingredients: Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Stearate, Dimethiconol, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Orange 5, Titanium Dioxide.


Directions: May be worn alone or over makeup. Brush evenly over face and neck for a natural-looking tan glow. For best results on dry to very dry skin, apply moisturizer prior to using bronzer.

The pH Matchmaker line comes in a shiny black case with bronze lettering. It's a pretty thick case because of the bottom compartment. I haven't tried dropping it yet, but it is plastic so it will prob chip.


When you open the case, the powder is engraved with the pH logo and little pearls around the outside. The pearls are just decorations, they come off when you start to use the powder. I personally wiped the shimmery stuff off the pearls. I didn't want glitter chunks on my face.



The compact also comes with a flat kabuki brush. It's better quality than other brushes from Physician's Formula but it's still too small for me to use. I washed the brush once and it did shed a lot. In comparison, this flat kabuki brush is a little bigger than the Benefit ones.


The compact also comes with LED lights. I like that the lights don't turn on automatically when you open the lid. There is a tiny little switch on the side and it turns them on. 



I left the bronzer on for 10 mins before I took the picture. The color didn't appear any differently. I've used it on  my face a couple of times, but I don't notice the color changing effects that much.

Overall, the formula is smooth and easy to apply. Be careful what kinda brush you use because you can pick up too much product. I don't know how often I will use this bronzer because I don't really like the color. As you can see below, it's kinda orangey and not brown enough for my skin tone.

 Pros
  • Packaging
  • Accessories
  • Soft/Blendable
  • Buildable color
  • Available anywhere

Cons
  • Don't see any color change
  • The trays don't stay down when you open the compact.  Both flip up at the same time.
  • Brush is dinky and does shed a lot.
  • LEDS are blinding in complete darkness!



0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.