REVIEW: NP SET BRONZING PRE-FOUNDATION PRIMER

I have to admit, I am a sucker for primer. I've had this primer for a long time and never figured out how to use it until recently. 

This primer is only available online or at Target. It's one of their pricier lines.


This is what the primer claims to do:
  • Pre-foundation Primer formula moisturizes with soybean oil and imbues the skin with an additional lick ofbronzer that gives the skin a natural golden glow
  • A Paraben-free cocktail of antioxidants repel free radicals and allantoin protects and softens skin
  • Vitamins A, C & E fight against free radicals while boosting the skin?s ability to retain moisture
  • Acai Oil powerful antioxidant, rich in essential fatty acids; Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9, provides protection against environmental damage, anti aging and revitalizing properties

Packaging: It's a soft squeeze white tube with black writing. I don't dislike the packaging but sometimes it can get a little messy. The primer will end up gunky in the cap.


Scent: It has a slight scent to it. It reminds me of florals and bronzer. Once you apply it though, it goes away.


Texture/Consistency: The color of this primer can be a little bit scary. It's a dark golden brown color, almost like a self tanner. The texture is almost like a foundation, thick and smooth.


Application: I've used this primer a couple of different ways. The first way is to just use it underneath foundation and apply it all over. I didn't really like this way because it made my foundation look shiny and the texture was really sticky. Also, if you are not already tan, it can make you look like a Umpa Lumpa.


The second way I've used this primer is my favorite way. I mixed a little bit of primer with my favorite foundation and apply with my Sigma F80 brush. It gives me a nice healthy glow and a sun kissed look. 


Overall, the glow that this primer gives is great. I didn't like that I had to do so much trial and error, but that's with most products. I don't think that this primer extends your foundation life, but it does create the smooth surface.


Also, this is considered a drugstore primer since it's purchased at Target, but fair warning, this primer is very pricey at $29. My Target also recently renovated and they started carrying a lot more different kinds of primer. I'll do more reviews if I pick some up.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.