ELF Blushes!

I've always been a fan of ELF blushes but I never bought more than 1 because some colors were only available online. The only one I have is from my local Target and the other colors they did have were sold out.


These blushes have always been talked about as dupes for NARS blushes, so for each shade I'll mention the dupe as well. You can google comparison pictures because I don't own a lot of NARS blushes because they are pricey.


Over Valentine's Day, ELF offered free shipping for purchases over $15 and I picked up a few to review. I know these have been around for a while, but I'm on a blush binge lately and these were pretty affordable for me to go a little crazzzy with.


Blushing Rose
The color of this blush is very dark in the pan, but don't be intimidated by the color. It looks scary but applies beautifully on the cheeks, you just have to blend well.


The blush is a berry shade with red-brown undertones. It has a pretty decent lasting power, around 6 hours. A lot of bloggers say that this color is a dupe for NARS Dolce Vita but I don't own that so I'm not sure.






Tickled Pink
This blush is a pale pink with a slightly pearl finish. This blush is super chalky and doesn't swatch well. In the picture I had to go over the swatch about 3 or 4 times before it produced that type of color.






Berry Merry
This is my favorite blush out of all the ones I got. This isn't a color I normally would have purchased for myself, but I love it. The blush is a pink berry tone color with slight gold shimmer. The shimmer is more iridescent so it's really not that noticeable. 


A lot of bloggers say that this is a dupe for NARS Sin.





Candid Coral
This blush is a peachy color with a slight golden sheen. 
This blush is beautiful in the pan, but doesn't swatch well worth a darn. I had to keep rubbing the blush before I even got a slight color pay off. That's super disappointing because I was hoping this would be close to Benefit's CORALista.


Some people say that this blush is a dupe for NARS Deep Throat. I have Deep Throat and I have to disagree. Deep Throat is more pink than coral and def has more shimmer in it. AND it is also a hec of a lot easier to get pigmentation.







Twinkle Pink
This color in the pan immediately reminded me of NARS Orgasm, but on closer look, it has it's own unique properties. The color is a very light pink with gold shimmers. My camera isn't very good at taking close up pictures, but the color is very shimmery in real life. 


I would say that this color is slightly powdery when you first use it and makes quite a bit of dust, but after the first couple of times it's better. The color is fairly light, so I don't think it will show up on darker skin tones. I'm around NC35 and I do have to work a bit to get color.






0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.