REVIEW: Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer


I have to say that I only bought this because it was a Revlon Product. Otherwise I would have passed because I have so many primers. I LOVE my Photoready foundation and you guys know how I like to match my foundation to my primer, sooo you know this was calling my name. 

I bought the Perfecting primer in 001, but it also comes in a Color Correcting Primer 002. I haven't picked up the Color Correcting one yet, but I'll do a review on that one when I do.

I have to admit that the price tag is a little bit of a turn off. For a drugstore primer, this was a little pricey at around $15. I guess you get what you pay for huh?

The packaging is the exact same as the foundation. It is in a glass dispenser with a plastic pump. I really like the packaging. It's convenient and more sanitary than just being a bottle. It also doesn't over dispense product so you are not wasting it.


This is how much one pump dispenses. It's a white pearly liquid. It does not contain any silicone so there is no powdery feeling afterwords. It dries to a satin soft finish which helps mattify oily skin.



I found that the best way to apply this primer was to dispense a little onto the fingers and spread over each area (forehead, cheek, chin, etc).  I originally tried to put 2 pumps into the palm of my hand and then spread over my face. That was a fail. It just caused the product to be absorbed into my palms and not on my face.

The consistency of the primer is more like a lotion than anything else. It absorbs pretty fast and has a pretty good staying power. As you can see from the picture below, I have a stain from swatching a lipstick and the next picture, the primer partially covers it.



Pros
  • No silicone
  • Lightweight
  • Fast absorbing
  • Pump dispenser
Cons
  • Price
The wear time in my foundation was great! At the end of my 8 hr workday, my face still looks like I just applied foundation. I've tried this with the matching foundation, as well as BB Creams and the mousse foundations. I find that with the primer, it helps control oil and also it helps my foundation from oxidizing too quickly and making my face look muddy.

Overall,  I am really satisfied with this primer. It does what it claims to do and doesn't make my face greasy by the end of the day. I will gladly shelve out the money for it again when I run out.

2 comments:

BEAUTIFULL said...
March 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM

$15 is pricey for a drugstore primer... worth it if a little goes a long way though. it must be pore minimizing & fades imperfections as well..

thx for the great swatches!

xx

BEAUTIFULL said...
March 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM

....oh, i'm like that too.... I like my primer to match my foundtion! lol

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.