REVIEW: ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer

I bought this on a recommendation from Saaammge. She never has bad recommendations so I thought I would check this out. Originally this was only available on their website, but when I visited my Super Target, they had it on their ELF display.


According to the ELF website:
Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.


Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Penoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.


The packaging looks nice, sleek and compact, but it is cheap plastic. Probably why it only cost $6. I recommend NOT dropping this bc it will crack. I like that it comes with a pump so you can control the amount that comes out. I never need more than 2 pumps to cover my whole face.


The primer is a clear gel like texture. If you have ever tried the Smashbox primer, it has the same exact texture and consistency. It definitely has silicone in it, so if your skin is sensitive to it, I would say pass. 

The gel is light weight and non greasy so it's good for combo or oily skin. I didn't notice any excess oils, even after a few hours of wear.



I don't know if you can tell, but the primer does fill in the pores on my hand. The surface looks a lot smoother than before I blended it out.

The primer does gives your foundation a little bit more wear, but it's not as much as some higher end primers. Lots of my foundations are waterproof, full coverage, and long lasting so I don't know how much this primer helped out. 

The primer does have a slight smell to it. It reminds me of plastic or bad hairspray. You can't smell it at all once you apply it to your face.


Overall, I like this primer. I would definitely repurchase when I run out. I mainly pair it with my drugstore foundations like my Revlon Colorstay or my Maybelline Superstay. It works really well with those. I know that the Revlon Colorstay does tend to get a little greasy or oily by the end of the day, but I didn't notice any increase in oil with the primer.

I haven't tried it with my higher end foundations because I have matching primers for most of my higher end foundations. 

If you are looking for an inexpensive primer, I'd say go for this. It's a good primer to start with.

8 comments:

Dyno Pretty Pup said...
March 15, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I usually use Clarins instant smooth perfector as a base under my foundation, but ran out and had travel tubes of Smashbox photofinish primer I picked up at sephora when I visited the US back in November and I have to say I really really love it, im using it for the first time! So an inexpensive one is very interesting! You haven't had any breakouts have you? P.S have u made ur sleek order? xx

Aimee L said...
March 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Nice review. I've been wondering about getting either this or the Too Faced Primed & Poreless primer!!

Boho Vanity said...
March 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

i love elf! i've never tried the primer but now i think i might have to :) nice review doll xx
my blog: boho vanity

Mariyam ABAG said...
March 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I've never used priner before might just try this one :)

thanks for the review.

http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.com/

Gayle GWishlist said...
March 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Not bad for $6! I won't use it because of the silicone and parabens, but it's a great cheap option, that is sure.

Anonymous said...
May 31, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Would it be alright to use this primer with MAC studio fix??

adthenshesmiled said...
May 31, 2012 at 8:46 PM

i've used it before and i like it. It doesn't work as well as my MUFE primer though with MAC

Anonymous said...
May 22, 2013 at 1:47 AM

While there are some Get My Ex Girlfriend Back shampoos that are available with a body wrap.


Here is my blog post; site

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.