REVIEW: BareMinerals Truth Eyeshadow Quad

So I picked up this palette on a whim a month ago and I've used it enough to give my 5 cents about it. I was really skeptical about it when it first came out just because I didn't like the bareMinerals loose shadows. They were way too messy and somehow every time I opened one, it would explode and I would waste a lot of product.



I LOVE the packaging. It's sleek and compact. The finish has that matte rubbery feel like the NARS blushes. I do have to say it does attract fingerprints and dirt very easily. Also you will impressed with the size of the compact. It's so small that it's completely travel friendly.


bareMinerals READY™ Eyeshadow 4.0
What it is:
A quad of pure, intense eye shadows with antiaging benefits.

What it does:
BareMinerals READY™ Eyeshadow provides exceptionally vivid, long-wearing complementary colors in an ultra-smooth, silky texture for effortless application and seamless blendability. Powered by bareMinerals' proprietary SeaNutritive Mineral™ Complex along with powerful antioxidants, cold-pressed borage oil, caffeine and cucumber, these ingredients are known to deliver antiaging benefits including depuffing and antioxidant protection for a softer, smoother, revitalized eye area. It looks like a powder, but feels like a cream and delivers a beautifully vivid, color.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan


I really do love the colors. They look a lot better in person than my photos. If you look closely some of the colors have glitter particles in it, but let me rave that there is NO glitter fallout! Yaaay! I had a huge problem with that and their loose shadows.

Serendipitous, Magnetism, Fate, Apropos
Serendipitous is a warm beige color with a slight hint of peach. It has a shimmery, almost frosty finish. It is a super soft texture and the color pay off is great as well.


Magnetism is a dirt brown color with hints of taupe. The finish is reflective, but it has less shimmer than Serendipitous. The texture is smooth and soft. The pigmentation is good, but it takes a little bit to build up the color.


Fate is a warm bronzey brown with slight red tones. It has a satin sheen. The pigmentation is good and has the same texture as Magnetism.


Apropos is a taupe brown with flecks of shimmer. It is a semi-matte finish. The pigmentation is nice and the texture is not gritty at all. The glitter isn't as intense as the swatches, so there isn't any real glitter fallout.




Also, the eye shadows include a special "Sea Nutritive Mineral Complex" that contains powerful antioxidants, cold-pressed borage oil, caffeine, and cucumber. The eyeshadow also claims to have anti-aging properties. I don't really see how or I guess I don't use it enough to see the effect. Let me know if someone else "sees" a difference.


Overall, I was very impressed by the shadows. Who knew Bare Minerals could make cute, compact, smooth eyeshadows?! 


9 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...
March 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I was curious about this. I saw this quad in a magazine the other day :D Looks really pretty. I love the packaging also :D

Marija said...
March 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM

The colors look gorgeous!

www.rosehorseshoe.com

EveryDay Makeup blog said...
March 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM

It looks like a great quad. The colors looks so pigmented. Love it!

Gayle GWishlist said...
March 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I haven't tried the pressed eye shadows from BM yet. Every time I'm at Ulta I look at them though.. but haven't splurged for it yet.
1. because I'm not a 3-4 color wearer on my lids, 2. I'll never wear dark colors, because I' wearing small glasses and it makes my eyes look smaller. I like some of their lose eye shadows, but indeed it's messy, but once you're used to it then it's ok. And what I love at the lose ones, are the little pots, so fun to store or see in a cabinet :).

Amber said...
March 5, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I love Bare Minerals eye shadows and I am like you, completely surprised there is no fall out! I'm so glad they make them like this now too, loose ones were way too much of a hassle!
<3 Amber

alanyskpl said...
March 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM

i love this line from bareminerals!! its good for your skin!

yiqin; said...
March 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

omg i would like to try this brand

adthenshesmiled said...
March 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM

@Rainy Days and Lattes I'm normally not picky about eyeshadows. I love my $2 wet n wild ones, but I'd say def go and swatch these. You will be surprised!

@Marija Thanks!

@EveryDay Makeup blog Thanks!

@Gayle GWishlist haha your comment had me cracking up! I agree. I never used to even really wear eyeshadows when I had glasses and esp since my eyes are really small. I saw a blogger with a train case full of Bare Minerals and it was the coolest thing ever!

@Amber Agreed! I think I owned too many loose shadows as a kid and never really like eyeshadow bc of that. Now I found palettes and I'm crazy for them!

@alanyskpl Have you noticed any differences in your skin?

@yiqin; Do it!

Sunnie said...
March 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM

you're tagged! Please check out my blog for details.
http://sunnielcos.blogspot.com/2012/03/tag-are-you-tagged.html

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.