Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup!

This is going to be the most random post ever, but it's a pretty miserable day in VA. It's been down pouring non-stop. I saw on another blogger's website that she made some chicken noodle from scratch and I drooled when I saw the picture. 


I looked up a few recipes and it's the most easiest thing to make and you will def have enough for at least a few meals! I LOVE chicken noodle soup and paired with the right salad or sandwich, it's the perfect meal.


Warning: The pictures were ALL taken with my cell phone, so sorry about the quality. My real camera died right when I stated cooking =/


Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoon butter
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
  • 1 pound chopped chicken breast
  • 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste

The first step is to chop everything up. This takes about 15 mins. Since everything is going to be touching in the pot anyways, I throw everything in a prep bowl. 



One thing I like to do is keep a plastic bag on the counter so I can throw all the trash from my cooking in. If you ever watch Rachel Ray, she keeps a huge bowl for that, but I find the plastic bags work just as well.


Heat up the pot and melt the butter, As soon as it starts to get brown, sautĂ© the minced garlic cloves, 1 cup chopped onion, 1 cup chopped celery, and 1 cup sliced carrots. 



Meanwhile, chop the uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast into bite-size pieces. I suck at this so I just made them into chunks.



Add chicken, both broths, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, pepper, dried thyme to the pot of veggies. 




Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. I didn't have a lid for the pot, so I used a sheet of aluminumn foil which works just as well.

Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions in a separate pot. I under cooked them a little just because I knew I would have to add them to the pot of soup. Then add the drained noodles to chicken and veggies, simmer for an additional 10 minutes.



Then voilĂ ! A SIX-star chicken noodle soup!


What are your favorite recipes!? Hope everyone is having a great Fridaaaaay!! Wooohooo to the weekend!

4 comments:

InsideOut Elle said...
March 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM

VA huh? Me too~ Ahh your soup looks really good! I'm terrible at cooking and afraid of things bubbling on a stove (dont even get me started on sauteing)....so I'd have to say all my favorite recipes require an oven (ei desserts ^_~)

adthenshesmiled said...
March 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM

haha I'm terrible at desserts! It's either over cooked or dry but I love to cook foods with recipes. what part of va?

Yuna said...
March 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM

mmm the soup looks yummy! Makes me hungry xD

adthenshesmiled said...
March 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Thanks! I'm on such a soup binge lately.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.