February Gripes =/

These are somethings that just didn't work out for me. If you guys have different opinions or if you know of better ways to use the below products, puleaaaase let me know. I'm willing to give it another go! Happy hump day everyone!


I loved my Kat Von D concealer so much that I wanted to try out the cheaper alternative in case I ever run out. Bad idea. I guess this one is cheaper for a reason. The formula is very thick and not very creamy. The shade is just a tad bit dark. After I applied the concealer, it felt sticky so I had to set it with a powder. I recommend this for body cover ups like little blemishes, but not really for the face.


On top of that, it didn't last very long at all. I could see my under eye circles in a few hours. Oh yea, it's not waterproof like the Kat Von D one either.




I still use this make up remover, but it's my least favorite. I got it during the UD sale and I believe it only cost $3 or $5. No complain about the price BUT it used to retail for a lot more! This make up remover is great for just eyeshadows, but nothing waterproof, so forget about your 24/7 liners and waterproof mascara. Be careful too, too much of this stuff will also make your eyes sting.




I hate it when UD products don't work out, but this tinted moisturizer is horrible. The color is way too dark and the color selection sucks. This is the old packaging, so I don't know if the formula in the new packaging is different. I'll just continue to mix this one and use it til it's all gone.




This was a Birchbox sample. I don't really have a complain about the product, but I don't think I will be repurchasing. The formula is so watery! Literally you don't even have to squeeze and product is coming out of the cap as soon as it's undone. The smell is very earthy. I think it's an alright cleaners, but not really great for removing make up either.



Physician's Formula - Cashmere Wear Bronzer
I love the texture of this bronzer! It's so silky and smooth that it almost feels like a powder. The only gripe I have with this is the shimmer! Literally that is all you will see when you step out in the sun. I'm talking like Twlight shimmer here! I made the mistake of touching my face after applying and my hand was sparkly the entire rest of the day, not even washing could get it off.




LaraBar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
This is the worst organic bar i've ever eaten. It's supposed to be chocolate chip and I expected it to be something close to a brownie, but for some reason, it tasted sour. I couldn't really place my finger on why that was.




9 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...
March 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM

It's sad to hear about the cashmere powder. It's so pretty in the pan though!

christine said...
March 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM

lara bars are a love/hate product. i love some flavors and hate some other ones haha

adthenshesmiled said...
March 1, 2012 at 6:07 AM

@Rainny Days and Lattes I heard they made a blush too so I might check that out and hope it feels like the bronzer

@Christine Any good flavor recommendations? I might stick with my fav which are Chiff Bars.

Miranda said...
March 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I couldn't stand the glamoflauge either. Way to thick and sunk into lines so easily!

wickeRmoss said...
March 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

wanna try that bar! :))

Jess said...
March 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I'm inviting you to join my giveaway for a chance to win a $20 giftcard from sneakpeeq!!!

here's the link:
http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/2012/03/sneakpeeq-giveaway-win-20-gift-card.html

hope you'll drop by and join! have a great day!

x o x o
jess

Gayle GWishlist said...
March 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Yeah that bar was horrible, didn't even taste anything, was like chewing on cardboard.

Tracy D said...
March 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I had heard such raves about Glamoflauge but it did NOT work for me either. Way too thick!

adthenshesmiled said...
March 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

@Miranda I'm glad to find so many people that agree because all I found were positive reviews lol

@wickeRmoss haha good luck with that! I hope you get a better flavor.

@Jess Thanks!

@Gayle GWishlist Ohmygod. You're so right! The cookie dough flavor wasn't even there. Gross!

@Tracy D I agree. Such a disappointment.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.