Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam VS. Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse



Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam


The directions on the back of the can:
Before first application, practice using the dispenser by shaking the can and applying a small amount of product to a tissue. Shake can well before use and remove cap. Hold can upright and press lightly to dispense a walnut sized amount of product onto back of hand.  Take small dabs of product from hand.  Apply to face one section at a time, blending with short circular motions.


This product is in an aerosol can with a little plastic pump. If you shake it, you can hear the little ball inside. I shook it pretty hard the first time around before I dispensed the foam. The stuff came out white so I was slightly confused. I know this isn't a color changing foam mousse or anything.



I tried to smeared it around the back of my hand, but still no color showed up. I shook it again and dispensed. The same thing happened. It took a third time before actual color showed up in the foam. The mousse feels just like it sounds. If you have ever used hair mousse, then it feels and looks just like that but with color.



The formula is lightweight, but you have to be careful when you are blending it on your face. If you blend it too much, it streaks. Also when blending it, it feels tacky and sticky until it dries. 



I recommend your fingers versus a brush. It helps prevents the streaks. The brush just made the whole process painful. I also tried using a sponge, wet and dry. It works better when the sponge is slightly damp but still I recommend your fingers.


I'm normally a full coverage foundation kinda girl and the coverage to this foundation is very light. I would say similar to maybe a tinted moisturizer. The finish is matte, but even though it is a mousse, I can still feel the foundation on my face. I always finish my foundations with a powder. I recommend a translucent one because a normal colored powder doesn't adhere very well to the tackiness of it.


The lasting power isn't very good either. It lasts less than an 8 hr workday and almost makes my face seem dirty by the end of it. Oh yea, definitely do not get this into your eyes!! I tried to wipe some near it and it stung like hec!


Verdict: eh I'll pass on repurchasing this again. Especially for the price and the coverage. See below I recommend the Revlon on over this.




Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse


This mousse also comes in a aluminium can with a plastic pump dispenser, but unlike the Maybelline one, this one didn't have a little ball inside when you shook it.


The way this dispenses is also slightly different than the Maybelline one. The mousse comes out in a bubbley foam more than a smooth mousse. It looks pretty gross honestly. If you dispenses more than below, it it gets air bubbles inside of it and it looks even weirder. 




The coverage to this is a little heavier than the Maybelline one. I would say light to medium. The feel of this mousse foundation is simmilar to a tinted moisturizer. The color blends almost instantly and doesn't have that tacky feel to it like the Maybelline one.



Just like the original Photoready foundation, the mousse foundation also has a slight shimmer to it. It's less noticeable on the face than when swatched on my hands. Revlon refers to the shimmer as "photochomatic pigments." Don't worry that everyone will see the shimmer on your face, it really isn't that noticeable.




The finish to this foundation is very natural with a slight dewy look to it. I applied this with my fingers as well. This does work with a brush (I used a flat top one). I think it's bc the consistancy of this foundation is slightly thicker than the Maybelline one so the brush works well. I don't recommend a sponge. This foundation doesn't have that sticky feeling that Maybelline has so I can use a regular powder.


The lasting power of this foundation is also average, I would say between 5-6 hours. I wouldn't say that it lasts as long as the liquid foundation because I normally get about 8 hrs of wear from that. 


I wasn't really a fan of either mousse foundations, but if I had to pick I would definitely go with the Revlon one. It has better coverage and an overall better feel, less sticky. 


Verdict: Honestly if you already own the original Photoready foundation, the mousse isn't really necessary. I would pick the original liquid foundation over the mousse one any day. I guess if you like a lighter feel to your foundation then I would say try this.


7 comments:

Pammy said...
February 26, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Both look the same as the Shu Uemura Mousse Under Base UV. Between the two, I think I'd go for the Maybelline one just because Revlon foundations break me out. Nice review and comparison. :)

Jess said...
February 26, 2012 at 3:34 AM

great review!! i prefer revlon for foundation while maybelline for mascaras!^^

Hunter87 said...
February 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Great review. I have the Maybelline and it has worked good for me and sad it did not work for you =(
But glad that the Revlon did work =)
~Jazmin

Tracy D said...
February 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Thanks for the review, I've been curious about these foam foundations!

Ashley said...
February 27, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Great review! A Youtube Vlogger said the same about the airfoam. I don't know how this was a great idea in their book lol. Foam? ehhh yea idk.

Sonia said...
February 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I love the maybelline foundation. I stipple it on with a brush and it looks nice

adthenshesmiled said...
March 1, 2012 at 6:15 AM

@Pammy Thanks! I really wanna try the Shu Uemura Mousse. I love their face cleaner so I bet the make up is just as great. Too bad it's not that available in the states.

@Jess I agree! Maybelline makes some of my favorite mascaras!

@Jazmin Thanks! I think I need to play around with the Maybelline one some more. I don't want to waste it so I'm trying to get it to work.

@Tracy D Your welcome =)

@Ashley hahaha I totally agree. What's wrong with liquid foundation!?

@Sonia Great idea. I'll try that, maybe it will work better.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.