Lips Lips Lips: Day 4

Onwards with my lippie project. Woohoo we've made it to day 4 guys! Happy Monday!


Benefit Ultra Shine Lip Gloss
These are a LOVE. They're so creamy and pigmented. I bought this to wear over a lipstick, but I love wearing these alone. I believe this color is Spikes Punch, but I really want to go back and pick up some of the purple tones. I've seen them on a few gurus and they look amazing.


The one gripe is the price tag. They are pricey a $18 and I think some of the other glosses out there have similar formulas.





Tarte LipSurgence matte Lip Tint
I recently picked up one of these and I have to say it's LOVE. I didn't think I would even like it bc it was matte and anything matte tends to dry up my lips, but NOT these! 


The color I bought was exposed which is a nude (duh! I love nudes). I am def going back and getting some more. 


The lip tint doesn't have a taste, but it is minty. It tingles for a tiny bit when you first apply it. The formula is moisturizing and the color pay off is amazing. I'm def going for a brighter color next time. The lasting time is about average (I'd say a couple of hours with food and drink).



Sorry for the washed out swatch =/

Hard Candy
Confession. I really really liked these balms when they first came out, but now that other brands have balms like this too, I think these are very mediocre. I guess because I bought more neutral colors, there really isn't any pigmentation. I heard that the darker colors are better.


I think that I like the taste more than I like the formula. The smell/taste is like watermelon or some sort of candy. The formula is also so-so. It makes your lips shiny, but that's about it. It has no real staying power and no real color. These are also only available at Wal-Mart. 


One gripe I have about the balm is the packaging. The balm doesn't twist down all the way so it looks a little cheap.



4 comments:

Jenna said...
February 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I love all of the colors! I want to go get hard candy again soon, but the last time I had gotten their makeup from walmart, ost of the stuff had been broken and opened. It was probably just the store near me, but I don't really want to risk it again haha

That’s So Fletch


xo, Jay

Sunnie said...
February 6, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I love Tarte LipSurgence too. They are so nice.

ShinyPrettyThings said...
February 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

the benefit gloss is sooo pretty!!

adthenshesmiled said...
February 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM

@Jay I live in the middle of no where and the make up section is always a mess. Broken and opened products. I wish they had better quality control.

@Sunnie I can't believe I just discovered these!

@SHintyPrettyThings Try them! They're great!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.