Lips Lips Lips: Day 2

Woohoo day 2 of this lipie project. I forgot to take pictures of a lipstick today so I did 2 lip glosses instead. Oopsies! I'll remember for tomorrow to do some lipsticks. Cheers!

Carmex
For a long time I used to have a tube/stick of this in every purse. I still use it, but I have so many that I try to switch off between all of them. The taste is very unique, almost medicine like. Even with the flavors, it still has the distinct Carmex taste. The skinny silver tube one has a tint (comes pink and peach). I don't like the tinted one as much bc it does tend to make chapped lips look even worse with the color.

I picked up the lime one bc I saw it on Her Late Night Cravings and they were raving about it. Honestly, it's gross. Reminds me of the Roses lime stuff they put in SoCo shots. Ewww. The cherry and the strawberry ones are ok, just a slightly sweeter taste.



Urban Decay Pocket Rocket
I like the formula of these glosses but I hate the taste. it's somewhere between cotton candy and sickly sweet. I only own the one with out any color payoff, but it adds a nice glittery shine to your lipstick. The formula lasts about average but the best part is that it's not sticky.

The packaging is slim and flat with a top that has a holographic picture on it. Most of them have pictures of attractive men, but this one is a little weird. The picture is of an attractive man, but he's holding a baby? I believe they've also redone the packaging so this gloss is only $5 on their website. The shade is Julio.



Kat Von D Painted Love Lipgloss
I bought this on sale at Sephora for $5 and I really love the formula. It's not sticky and the color is buildable. It's a muted cherry red.




6 comments:

Sunnie said...
February 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I love the skinny silver tube by Carmex quite a lot. I did not know there was tinted versions, but I finished at least two clear tubes.

adthenshesmiled said...
February 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I love the clear ones too! I like that they don't get hard in the winter when you leave them in the car. The little tubes are always a pain when it's cold out.

Jess said...
February 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

im using carmex too!!!


http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

Linh said...
February 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

$5 for the Kat Von D Painted Love Lipgloss is a huge steal! It looks beautiful.

Tracy D said...
February 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

My husband loves the Cherry carmex in the pot, but I don't like putting my fingers in those kinds of things or the smell of the Carmex balms. Shame about the lime one, I was intrigued by that!

adthenshesmiled said...
February 14, 2012 at 8:18 PM

@Sunnie I love the silver tubes too! I don't know if I'm such a fan of the colored ones.

@Linh Thanks! Sephora sales rock!

@Tracy D I hate the pots too. It always gets under my nails. If you like lime I think you will like it. I recommend the strawberry one.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.