Lips Lips Lips: Day 15

NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coffee Run
Where to start with this product LOL

First off, it's in a pot format which I hate. It makes it hard to get the lipgloss out and also it gets underneath my nails. Another downside to this packaging is the amount of product in the pot. The lipgloss doesn't go all the way up to the top so you literally have to dig in the pot for the product and it's hard cause the jar is so tiny. You def need a lip brush.

The texture of this gloss is very sticky. There isn't much lasting power to it and also little color pay off. In the jar it's a clear pink with little sparkles. On your lips, it's just clear. I've heard that the other colors are more pigmented. It's hard to find in stores, I found this one online.

Good thing this was inexpensive. I would pass on recommending this color.


Tarina Tarantino Lipstick
The only place I've seen this lipstick is at Sephora. I got drawn in with the packaging. ^he pretty bow and pink/silver tube.

Of course I picked a neutral nude. The formula is moisturizing and the color is a pretty my lips but better color. It's not too light, but more of a pinky nude. I've seen other colors from this line and they're super pretty and pigmented.

The lipstick retails for $22 which is pricey. It looks like a full size lipstick, but it's actually  a lot smaller than pictured. I def recommend swatching it before you buy.



Toki Doki Lipgloss
I got this lipgloss on sale at Sephora. I believe it was only $5 because the color is discontinued. 

The packaging is super cute! It has confetti and little sparkley pieces on the cap. It does make the whole thing very bulky. The gloss is square shaped.

The formula is not super sticky, but it does have a very weird consistency. The scent and taste is super sweet. It reminds me of skittles. The applicator wand is even weirder. It's like a plastic stick. The color I bought is purple, but it comes out clear. 





5 comments:

Sunny & Star said...
February 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Thanks for the review. I think I will stay away from these products.

Tracy D said...
February 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Skittles in a lip product is never a good thing in my mind!

G. said...
February 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I hate pot lipsticks too. Just ennoying when you have to reapply, you always need to carry a lip brush.
The second one is indeed a pretty packaging. And the last one..well what's with the wand? How weird?!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...
February 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I absolutely adore the NYX black label lipsticks. They're fantastic! :) I love the color you have!

adthenshesmiled said...
March 1, 2012 at 6:21 AM

@Sunny & Star No probs! I hate when I buy something and it doesn't work out. Don't want others to waste their money too.

@Tracy D haha I love skittles but eh the lip stuff was so so.

@G I never want to carry the lip brush with me so I never use up my potted lip products and that's annoying too. Haha the Toki Doki stuff always has unique packaging.

@Rainy Days and Lattes Thanks! I'm waiting for another sale so I can pick some more up.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.