Lips Lips Lips: Day 14

So I'm switching it up a bit and doing 2 lipsticks instead of a gloss. How do you guys feel about this segment? If it's lame, i'll stop doing it, but I thought it was a fun way to share some of the plethora of lip stuff I have in my drawers.

NYX Black Label Lipstick
Are these available in stores? I bought this online at CherryCulture. They have a great selection of make up and it's realy affordable.

The formula of this was nicely surprising. They are creamy, smooth and slightly matte. Because they are matte, the formula is a tad drying on my lips so I have to wear a balm underneath and I normally finish it with a gloss as well. There are 96 colors to choose from and a variety of finishes. Some have shimmer, some are matte and some are semi-gloss.

There is a slight taste/smell to this lipstick. I think it's somewhere between grapes and a fruity smell. It's not that noticeable after you apply it. The lasting time is average. I would say it's less with a gloss on top.

I highly recommend you checking out this line! It's one of my favs BUT warning, do NOT trust the color swatches on websites. It's never accurate and very deceiving. I would google the color you want and most times a blogger has swatched it already.



Revlon ColorBurst Soft Nude
Soooo this lipstick was talked about, hyped up and LOVED all over the blog sphere and youtube. So you know I had to pick it up. Was it love at first application? Sorry to say nooope.

I wanted to love it so badly, but the color didn't work for me. It was too nude and ended up looking like concealer on my lips. 

The formula wasn't that great for me either. It's creamy, but almost too creamy. It makes my lips look unbelievably chapped and flakey. Wear time is average. It lasted a little bit longer with gloss.



Smith's Rosebud Salve
I love this stuff. I like it better now that I found it in a tube! I hated the pot style. It was too messy and always got underneath my fingernails.

I love this balm but to be honest, I use it as a multipurpose balm instead of just a lip moisturizer. It can be used for dry skin, wounds, cuts, etc. It is heavily scented like a bouquet of roses. I don't like the smell but I don't mind it. 

I know Smith's makes a bunch of other flavor balms. I believe it comes strawberry and mint and maybe another flavor too. I got the tube at Sephora's but I know the other kinds are available at Bath and Body Works.

3 comments:

Jess said...
February 20, 2012 at 1:22 PM

i love the color!!!


http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

Tiffany Elam said...
February 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I can't believe you don't like the Revlon lipstick. I'm obsessed with it & find it very moisturizing. I actually just finished a pot of the CO Bigelow rose salve &&& need more asap!

Tiffany
http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

adthenshesmiled said...
March 1, 2012 at 6:31 AM

@Jess Thanks!

@Tiffany haha that's why you need to live with me again!!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.