Benefit Boxed Obsessed!



Dandelion
This boxed powder is a soft peach with a slight hint of a pink and golden shimmer. I originally thought this powder was supposed to be used as a blush, but it's more suited to be a highlighter. I have also seen people use it as an all over brightening powder.


The boxed powder comes with a flat brush and plastic covering. I don't use the brush, but I keep it with the case. The boxed powder also has a slight scent. I don't think it's too over powering, kinda sweet like flowers.






Bella Bamba
Bella Bamba is a bright medium pink with pale gold shimmers. I think this blush is nicely pigmented and the color can easily built to be more intense. If you blend it out, it makes a nice subtle glow.


A lot of people have said that it's a dupe for NARS Orgasm, but I think Bella Bamba is distinctively more pink than Orgasm. But this is a must have for your collection. The color lights up any complexion from dark to light.


Bella Bamba also has a slight fruity smell to it. A lot of people can smell it distinctively, but I think it's a very faint smell. 






10
This powder is a highlighter/bronzer combo. The powder is split in half. The highlighter is a light, milky pink with a soft sheen but no real glitter particles. The bronzer is a similar texture with a peachy-bronze color. 


This combo took me a while to get used to. It was a whole lot of trial and error. The highlighter is pretty simple, but the bronzer depending on how you use it can make your face look muddy. 




Highlighter, Bronzer, Mixed


CORALista
This is prob one of the most hyped up boxed blushes next to Bella Bamba. I have to agree. I LOVE this blush. It's a soft coral-pink powder that gives you a natural shimmery flush. 


This shade is fantastic for giving you a natural flush. It's a nice soft, natural glow with a touch of coral. The color is buildable, but you only need a couple of swipes. There is a slight shimmer, but it's nothing over the top like big chunks of glitter.


Like the other boxed powders, Coralista has a slight scent. It reminds me of peaches. 







Hoopla
I have a love-hate relationship with Hoopla. Depending on what shade I am (winter or summer), it can look really good or it can make my face look really dirty. 


Hoopla is a matte brown with hints of cool and warm undertones. It's highly pigmented and swatches true to the color. Hoopla is also finely milled and blends easily into the skin. The color can be used as an all over bronzer or also used to contour. 


It has a pretty good lasting power. Downside is the box looks really gross and dusty with lots of use. 
 




Hervana
This boxed powder is made of four different shades in a circle design. The little swirls are so small that you can't really use them individually. I recommend swirling the colors together and sweeping it across the cheeks.


For this powder, Benefit decided to name each individual swirl. Divine peach is a warm peach with golden shimmers, Berry Delight is a pinky plum with a satiny finish, Heavenly Rose is a soft, dusky rose with a slight sheen, and Lucky Shell is a pale almost light pink beige with shimmer. When swirled together, its a warm pink with subtle peach undertones and a satiny shimmer-sheen.


The color is beautiful on all skin tones and the powder is super smooth. You can build the color up, but a little sweep gives you a slight flush. This boxed powder comes with a brush as well, but this one is a little different bc it's slanted.


Also, this powder has a pretty distinct smell. I feel more so than the other powders.







Overall Benefit boxed powders are a win! Each is unique in their own way. The only downside is the boxed feature. I don't like that the newer ones connect. It's hard to work with and also since they are cardboard, they get dirty easier.

8 comments:

Ashley said...
February 23, 2012 at 10:53 PM

The only one I've tried is Dandelion, and I like to use that as a finishing powder sometimes. It's too light for me to use as a blush, but it gives my complexion a rosy glow that I just adore:)

xoxo

Ashley

http://textbooksandtofu.blogspot.com/

Che said...
February 24, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Wow! You got all those, I've seen these raved about but have yet to try them. Your swatches of Bella Bamba, Coralista, and Hervana is make me want to try these! Thanks for the swatches.

ShinyPrettyThings said...
February 24, 2012 at 3:15 AM

wow u have a lovely collection!! hervana looks so cool, love how u can swirl the colors together or use individually.

Tracy D said...
February 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I love Dandelion and Hoola but haven't yet tried the others..I don't like the idea of any shimmer in my blush. And I can't help but say I think you meant to say NARS Orgasm ;)

Sunnie said...
February 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I have three boxes, hoola, coralisa and dallas. Don't care for the cardboard packaging as well, but the they do smell very nice.

adthenshesmiled said...
February 26, 2012 at 3:26 AM

@Ashley That's a great idea. I'm gonna try it for an all over glow.

@Che I usually wait til there's a sale to pick them up. They are quite pricey on their own.

@ShinyPrettyThings Thanks! You have to try it. It's quickly becoming one of my fav powders.

@Tracy D haha you are so right!! I fixed it. I'm a science major so I was doing a paper and blogging.

@Sunnie I think I might have gotten some defectives ones. Only one of mine smell, the others smell like powder.

Athina said...
March 4, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Once I find myself in a country that I can buy this product I am picking it up right away!!

adthenshesmiled said...
March 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

@Athina Do it! You are not going to regret this purchase!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.