Review: Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV

I don't know why I haven't been on the Book of Shadows band wagon before, but I think they're unique and something nice to have in your collection. UD also doesn't make bad eyeshadows so you are getting high quality for the price.


I didn't pick this palette when it first debuted bc it was a whooping $64. I felt like it had a lot of unecessary add ons too, but I picked this bad boy up during the UD sale. It's still on sale on the website for $44, but if you bought a myglam box last month, they included a $15 off coupon. SOOOOO this palette was only $29!!! And it was free shipping with a $35 purchase.


This is the outer carton of the box. It didn't come in plastic like the 50th anniversary palette.




This is the back of the box with the descriptions.


This is the outside of the palette. It has a the same design as the box but it has more details like the iridescent butterflies.




The inside of the palette has a mirror, a pocket for your ipod, and pop out butterflies. It also has a pocket that has a card in it. The card has QR codes that links you to make up tutorial videos. I haven't looked at those yet.






The drawer slides out all the way. It has 16 shadows (10 of which are new) a FULL SIZE 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Perversion, a travel size Supercurl Curling Mascara, a travel size Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (in the new squeeze tube style), and a set of USB/audio jack cables plus a little speaker thingy attached to a keychain.







The threw in a FULL SIZED 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Perversion. It's a really fine liner and the color is a pure black. I'm super excited to try this out. 







They also threw in a travel size Supercurl Curling Mascara. I actually really like the formula of this mascara. It gives a nice curl and lasts a decent amount of time.






They also threw in a travel size Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It's in the new squeeze tube style. I have a full sized tube and a couple of travel sized ones so I don't even know what to do with this one.






Here are the swatches! I didn't do them over the primer potion just as is.

















Here's some close ups of the speakers. I haven't tried these out yet.




Pros

  • Decent pigmentation
  • Beautiful packaging
  • Full size product
  • Price on sale
  • Not too many repeat shades

Cons

  • Bulky packaging; Not travel friendly
  • Drawer is hard to pull out
  • The products are hard to pull out of their slot too
  • The glitter shadows are gritty and not pigmented
Overall, if your a collector like me, I recommend this palette especially at this price. It has a lot of frosty shades, so be aware of you aren't into that line of shadows. Some shadows are more pigmented than others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
April 8, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Rep Tim businеss Huelskamρ R. 50 - 9 00 per litre at
tοdау's prices Nov 09.

My webpage: http://icto.ugent.be

Anonymous said...
May 23, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Ginger Healing how do i find my boyfriend Tea
recipe from cooking class @ the Aesthetic Acupuncture Clinic in Orlando Fl" Cooking With Turmeric".



Here is my web site; webpage

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.