REVIEW: Garnier BB Cream

I've only tried a few BB creams from Asia, but I was very interested in trying something from the states. I saw that Garnier came out with a new BB Cream and basically ran to the store to grab one. I saw this at Walgreens and I'm not sure if it's available anywhere else.



The display also had a $1 off coupon, making this BB cream only $11.99.


It only comes in 2 shades: light/medium and medium/deep. I bought the darker shade, but I think if anyone's skin tone is darker than NC40, they won't find a match. I think I'm gonna also have to go back and get the lighter shade bc the medium/deep is a tad dark for me right now.






I found that the best way to apply this is with your fingers. If you use a brush or sponge, too much of the BB cream absorbs into the brush or sponge and not on your skin. It makes it look streaky and doesn't blend well. 




The coverage of this BB cream is about the same as a tinted moisturizer, but the feel of it is a little heavier. The BB cream is thicker than most foundations, but I think it's mainly bc the BB cream has so many properties. 




I found that because the BB cream doesn't absorb into the skin very well, I definitely needed setting powder. I tried both translucent and my Cargo HD powder and I like the translucent one better. Without the powder my face looked too shiny. I guess it's mainly bc of the SPF properties that it feels that way.


Sorry about the weird coloring, the light washed out the color
I found the wear of this BB cream to be about average. It didn't last as long as my foundation or some of my other BB creams. It does get you through a work day though. 


Lightly applied and not blended
This BB cream also has a smell to it. It's the typical Garner product smell. I used to use their face scrub and it has the exact same smell. Once applied, the smell goes away almost instantly. 


A little goes a long way so even though the tube looks small, it will last a while. I compared the Garnier one to my favorite brand and the Garnier one has more product. Please excuse my expression LOL




5 comments:

sunnie's said...
January 31, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Your skin is so good! I'm so tempted. Thanks for sharing!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...
February 1, 2012 at 12:11 AM

This is so cool! Asia has all kinds of brands that make BB cream. Even Maybelline :p I use my fingers to apply too...saves my brushes from absorbing too much bb cream :D

Yuna said...
February 1, 2012 at 2:23 AM

thanks for the review, I saw this at Walgreens too the other day and is very tempted to try :D

Jess said...
February 1, 2012 at 4:55 AM

thanks for the review!!! can't wait to see this...

http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

Princess Pinkie said...
February 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I had no idea that Ganier had a BB cream. Thank you very much for the info and review!!! It looks good on you!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.