REVIEW: Revlon Lip Butters

I'm sure like 80% of you are sick of seeing these all over the web, but I thought I would join the bandwagon and make myself a post about them anyways.


SOOOOO I bought these when they very first came out and I have to say I wasn't a fan. I maybe the only one on youtube, blogger, internet, or the world that hate these lip butters!


Don't get me wrong I love the pigmentation and the cute quilted plastic caps, but the formula for me was the biggest turn off. A lot of the colors managed to highlight every imperfection in my lips, from the flaking to the chappiness to the peeling.








These are the original 2 colors that I bought: Sugar Frosting and Peach Parfait. I have always been a fan of neutrals and pinks so I thought these colors would suit me the best, but I was so disappointed! 


Sugar Frosting
This is a light pale pink to glossy sheer color. The shade is all wrong for my skin tone. It makes me look like i'm wearing concealer on the lips and the texture is weird. It feels gritty to me and this color also manages to highlight all the imperfections in my lips.








Peach Parfait
This is actually one of my favorite shades but I wish I wore it better. It applies just like a glossy lip balm and the color isn't too strong for my skin tone. I wish it didn't highlight my chapped lips so much or I would love this color more.







So I thought I was done with these lip butters after my somewhat awful experience. BUUUUT I kept seeing these lip butters pop up on people's favorites, youtube channels, and blog posts, so I thought maybe I got a few duds and I need to go out and pick some more up to try.


I went to my local Walgreen's and I picked up FOUR more. I got 2 colors in the fuchsia family and 2 colors in the red family.


Lollipop
This is a bright fuchsia color. It's actually really creamy and pigmented. It just doesn't suit my skin tone.






Raspberry Pie
This is a bright berry pink-red. The color is very pigmented and rich and a great fall color. You definitely need a lip liner bc this color bleeds a lot.






Red Velvet
This shade of red is very warm and leans towards the maroon side. It reminds me of the crayon 'brick red' when we used to color in school. I feel like this color would look really good on darker skin tones. 







Candy Apple
This shade of red is more of a reddish orange. It's bright and surprising very creamy when applied. The tube I got was definitely a dud because it was sticking to the side of the silver part and flaking.







Here are the swatches on my hand in case you wanted to see them side by side.


Candy Apple, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie
Red Velvet, Sugar Frosting, Peach Parfait
It's safe to say that after trying all SIX of these lip butters, I am still not a fan. I think it's mainly bc they're more like lipsticks to me than a combo and I also don't like the inconsistency of each color. Some were very creamy and smooth, but some were horrible.


If you get lucky and pick up a color that is creamy and smooth, I would say THAT lip butter is comparable to MAC's Sheen Supreme lipstick.


What do you guys think of these lip butters? Yay? Nay? Bleaaah? lol



1 comments:

Hunter87 said...
December 7, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I really them.
You got some cute colors.
~Jazmin

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.