HAUL: Sonia Kashuk Brush Couture Set

I posted about a week ago that Target.com was offering these Sonia Kashuk brushes for $7.99 with free shipping. I ended up picking up a set and I am quite pleased with them.


I have always been a fan of Sonia Kashuk brushes because they're affordable and well made. They release new sets every season and most times, you can buy them again off of the website for a really reduced price later. At $7.99 for the set I paid less than $2 a brush.


This is the set from their Brush Couture line. It came out Spring 2011.




The Brush Couture Five-Piece Brush Set includes
  • Powder brush
  • Synthetic concealer/foundation brush
  • Crease brush
  • Small eye shadow brush
  • Smudge brush


The powder brush is a lot smaller compared to the regular one from their black handle line. The brush is soft but it’s not super dense. I find that this brush works pretty well with very pigmented blushes, but not that great with lighter ones.



The synthetic concealer/foundation brush is soft and has a tapered end. I find it too small for foundation so I like to use it for concealer. I don't see this brush getting a lot of use for me because I prefer to apply concealer with my fingers.




I really like this crease brush because of the size. It is densely packed and nubby looking, but it’s super fluffy and comes to a point at the tip. This allows for really precise shadow application in the crease. It does pick up a lot of shadow, so be careful of that.




The eyeshadow brush is smaller than I'm used to. I always reach for my $1 E.L.F. one. This brush is good for packing on eyeshadow, but be careful because it does pick up a lot of product.




The smudge brush has short rounded bristles. I'm actually confused as to why they call this a smudge brush. I'm used to smudge brushes that are really fluffy and big. This one looks more like a lipstick brush.




Well that's it for my mini Target haul. How's everyone doing lately? Buy anything good from Target? Any thoughts on these brushes?

1 comments:

PolaBerry said...
December 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM

What a great deal! I love SK brushes, my first brushes ever were from the white set that comes in a travel case, I still have them

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.