REVIEW: Frederic Fekkai Salon Color

So I found this little gem inside TJ Maxx the other day and I didn't buy it. But I went home and did a little research and atually liked all the reviews so I went back and bought it.




The kit sold for $12.99 (which is the same price as the John Frieda ones) and retails for $30 here on their website.


Apparently while I was doing some research, I found out that this kit used to sell here at Sephora and at Ulta. They no longer carry it, but you can still see the reviews.







The color I bought was 3N - Darkest Brown. You guys are going to laugh bc my hair is already pretty dark brown, but I used to dye my hair light brown so much that I have to touch up my roots every couple of month or else it turns a disgusting brassy brown.




I'm not sure if you will be able to tell the difference, but this is what my hair looks like before coloring. And I'm going to apologize right now for the shitty pictures. I was trying to do too many things at one time and didn't have good lighting.






The kit comes with all that's seen here. It's a professional kit so it comes with the bowl and brush unlike the at home ones with a bottle. The John Frieda ones (which is supposed to be professional hair coloring at home) comes with a foaming bottle.






The kit comes with something called a pre-treatment. It's just a thick white cream that you apply 2 inches below your roots to help the hair dye adhere to it. The cream smells really really good! 


This is the color that comes out of the tubes. It was a slight vanilla color and smelled like hair dye.






This is what it looked like when I added the developer. It almost looks like I'm making oatmeal or something.




This is the hair dye and developer mixed together. It turns into a goopy paste. Not too thick and not too thin. The smell is pretty strong, but you get used to it. Don't be fooled by the color, it gets darker the longer you let it sit.




I actually prefer using the bowl and brush method. It's a lot less messier and it's easier to get certain areas. Some people prefer to have someone help them, but I didn't have anyone in this case so I did it myself. I started at the roots and worked my way down.


The directions say that the hair color develops in 35 mins.






The hardest part about dying hair is washing out the dye. It splatters everywhere and the worse part was that my apt decided to not have any hot water at the moment. 


This is my hair afterwards wet.




This is the blow dried version.




Overall I love the color. I've used a lot of at home dye kits and none of them have the shininess and depth that this dark brown has. It doesn't feel crunch or dry, just soft and shiny. Great color for the price!

2 comments:

Hunter87 said...
November 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Very pretty hair color!
~Jazmin

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.