November Birchbox 2011

So Birchbox, it's not you but me that has decided to end this relationship. I am fed up with you never being on time and always being full of crap.


I've practiced this speech over and over again in my head, debating whether or not I should cancel my subscription or keep it. I keep giving it another chance and I think December will be my last box unless they step it up. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe my Birchbox this month.


I joined Birchbox to try new brands and samples. I keep getting repeat brands and perfume samples that I can pick up at a Macy's counter for FREE. I want to try make up and once in a while I want a full size product that I will love. I see people's box from last November and they got Too Faced and NARS. Where are those boxes!?








Atelier Cologne - Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue - $145
It doesn't get cheerier than this juicy scent, which is  a modern update on the classic eau de cologne.


Thoughts: Another effin perfume!? Really Birchbox? The scent is really orangy and reminds me of what your hands smell like after you peel an orange or tangerine. Not a fan and on top of that, it's a vial. Couldn't you at least have thrown in something with a pump!? I got it all over myself trying to pop the top open.




oh yea ... by the way I'm allergic to oranges so this is definitely not something I would wear. Reminds me too much of an allergic reaction. 



Supersmile Professional Whitening toothpaste $21
Pearly Whites? Yes, please! This quick-working formula lifts away surface stains for a gleaming grin.

Thoughts: undecided. I'm used to my Crest 3D toothpaste bc it works. Not sure if I would ever pay anything close to $21 for a tube of toothpaste!




Zoya Nail polish in Noel $8

This shimmery denim shade from Zoya's holiday 2011 collection fits just right - just like your favorite blue jeans.


Thoughts: I like the color a lot. It's a pretty blue. BUT this is the 3rd month since joining that I've received a bottle of Zoya nail polish. 




Borghese - Fango Delicato Active Mud for Delicate Dry Skin  $33.50 - $64
Sourced from Tuscany's mineral-rich hills, this italian mud treatment revives dry skin on face and body with aloe vera, mango butter, and vitamin E.



Thoughts: I've been meaning to try this brand for a while now and I was excited to get this product. I just don't know if the dry skin formula is good for me. I don't really have dry skin and right now I have a few breakouts from a bad product, so I might hold off on trying it.



Treat: 
Two paper dolls/Ampersand coasters $15 for a set of 6
Our favorite letterpress studio adds a hip, playful touch to everything they do from notecards to coasters.


Thoughts: Come on Birchbox, coasters!? Really? I don't even know what to do with these. They remind me of the cheap ones you get at restaurants and bars. They're made of paper so they aren't going to last particularly long if the drink is particularly wet. Should have just sent us a card, it is the holidays, I could have at least used that for a gift.




What are your feelings about the contents of Birchboxes recently? Love or hate? Continue to subscribe or cancel? Let me know how you feel bc I think my love affair for Birchbox is almost over!

2 comments:

che said...
November 11, 2011 at 5:13 AM

Aww it's such a shame that Birchbox was a bust was a bust for you, I think that's why I could never commit to it. The products seem so random and I would hate also to get things I didn't like or would never use.

G. said...
November 11, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I understand...I was dissapointed too. I got different things than you though, check it out: http://gayleswishlist.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.