Mini Drugstore Haul: CVS, Wal-Mart

This is a really tiny haul, but I wanted to share with you what I think about some of this stuff. I'm such a sucker for displays at the front of an isle and this is where I found most of this stuff.


I got 2 lip balms from Wal-Mart. It's from the Hard Candy line. I believe these are called Glossy Tinted Lip Balms (real original huh?)




The colors are Good Girl and Bridal Blush. I didn't bother to swatch these bc they have NO COLOR!! All they did was moisturize and gloss my lips. I will say that these balms are tasty tho. They remind me of Sweettarts or Skittles.


Another gripe I have about these balms is the packaging. It's super cute but completely IMPRACTICABLE. The lip balm doesn't retract all the way and there is so much of it sticking up that you will nick it. The picture below, I haven't even twisted ANY of it up.




I got three things from CVS, a polish, a lipgloss, and a lip balm/gloss. 




The Revlon nail color is called Blue Mossaic. It's so pretty. I didn't get a chance to swatch it for you, but this website has a beautiful swatch.




The next thing I got was the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze in Prime Pink. It's a pretty bright pink. I've never used these glosses before, but it was on the same end cap as the nail polish so I had to get it.




Last thing I got was a Maybelline Shine Sensation Lip Balm in Citrus Slice. I like the look of these but they are nothing to write home about. First, the taste is horrible. For being so fruity, it taste like I licked poppouri (never have but you get the point)




Second, they have poor color/any tint pay off and last, they're supposed to be moisturizing, but these last about 5 mins on me and then your lips feel dryer than before! 




Thanks for dropping by guys!

5 comments:

Lauren Baker said...
September 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Love everything you picked out!! xx

Sonia said...
September 27, 2011 at 2:22 PM

If you get the darker colors of the tinted lip balms they show. I got a red n hot pink n they really give a good tint

adthenshesmiled said...
September 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM

@Lauren Baker Thanks girl!

@Sonia Which lip balms? The Hard Candy or the Maybelline one? I might give it another try

Emily said...
September 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM

I used to love visiting Walmart each summer when we went to the US- so much nice makeup and so cheap!xxx

Sonia said...
September 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM

The hard candy

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.