//Jewelmint Rant//

No surprise, I'm a sucker for anything that anyone recommends and recently, I've been seeing all my favorite gurus recommend Jewelmint. I immediately signed up for it, watched a TON of videos and picked a couple of pieces that I liked.





For those of you that don't know, Jewelmint was started by actress Kate Bosworth and celeb stylist Cher Coulter. They created this site, which has you take a style quiz so they can calculate your personal style. The site will then present a personalized showroom of jewelry pieces for you to choose from. By paying the $30 a month subscription fee, you get one piece of exclusive jewelry per month.


You have the option of skipping months or buying more than one piece a month. It all depends on your preference.



I have purchased a total of 2 times from them (I still need to take pictures and share them with you) and I was very satisfied with the service until recently ...


Apparently there was a glitch in the system and they accidently charged all their subscribers who chose to skip this month the usual fee, which was $29.99.


I wasn't very upset with them until I found out it would take TEN DAYS to refund my money bc I used a debt card. I normally use my credit card to shop online, but for some reason I used my debt card and now I've over-drafted.


So instead of sending out an email IMMEDIATELY etc etc ... they chose to release their 'news' about the charge on FACEBOOOK. Who does that?! Not everyone is on Facebook and I just NOW got an email about it. This is 2 days later!!




I'm not salty, but they didn't mention anything about paying for my overdraft fee ANNNND as a gesture, they offered all of the people that were charged a coupon for $7 off any purchase. Which is ehhh but think about it ...


Jewelmint is tying up $29.99 in my bank account and they send me a coupon for $7 off a Jewelmint purchase!? Where am I going to get the money for that!!! And on top of that the coupon is only good for TWO DAYS! How does this make any sense. Jewelmint this is your f*ck up, it makes more sense to give us a credit. 


Dear Jewelmint, 


You have failed.
Just suck it up and start issuing credit.
I will be writing an email very shortly.


xoxo, 

2 comments:

BrittanyCamryn said...
September 9, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I am so glad to see I am not the only one really pissed about this.. I used an account that I have had for years way before I was married that I still use for my shopping I want to do here & there & since I hadn't put money in that account this month I had skipped the month on my jewelmint account so it sent me into overdraft too!! It doesnt even matter much if they refund my money bc I will still have the $30 over draft fee! Once I use a credit I have on my account I am canceling my membership! I have had too many problems with them!

adthenshesmiled said...
September 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM

@BrittanyCamryn I would def write them an email. I did that and then they ended up calling me and they said they would send me a check in the mail.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.