REVIEW: TheBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer


TheBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer


What it is:
A Tinted moisturizer with SPF 18.

What it is formulated to do:
A superior formulation that provides long lasting moisture, BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer gives you the perfect polished look while leaving your skin feeling silky.

What else you need to know: 
BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18 has Broad Spectrum protection, which means it protects skin from both UVA and UVB rays. BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18 is non-comedogenic and will not clog pores.

Size: 2.25 oz

Color: The shade selection is very very small. I mean there are only 3 shades total (Light, Light/Medium, Medium). I purchased the medium and it fits pretty nicely. I think for the ideal shade, I would probably mix the light/medium and the medium.

Scent: There really isn't a scent to this product. If you try really hard to find one, it smells a little like make-up and sunscreen. I put it on and didn't even notice and I usually don't like fragrances in my make-up.


Packaging: I actually like the way this product is packaged. Some people prefer the pumps, but the squeeze tube works just as well. The TM is a little thicker than normal, so it is very easy to control the amount that comes out of the tube.

Finish: It's a natural finish (in some lights, it is a little dewey). The thing I love best about this product is that it's not sticky. A couple of other tinted moisturizers that I've tried, my face is either sticky or shiny afterwards (and I think it mostly has to do with the sunscreen in it), but this one left a nice natural finish and it has SPF18.

Coverage: This tinted moisturizer is definitly medium coverage. It didn't completely cover my blemishes, but it did even out the redness in my skin. I didn't really try to layer it on to see if it would be more full coverage, that's not really why I bought this product. The coverage is a little more than other brands that i've tried.

Overall: I actually really like the product and I would recommend it to someone wanting a new tinted moisturizer, but doesn't like the heavy feel like foundation. It's easy to blend, doesn't need a brush (I used my fingers), and it doesn't make my forehead shiny. Overall a total win!


I did get mine on sale at TJ Maxx, but I think it's just because they're redoing the packaging. The retail price is $23 and it's available at Sephora. For the amount of product you get, the price is definitly not bad at all!



Pros
  • Thick, creamy consistency
  • Not runny, drying, or greasy
  • Price is affordable
  • No streaks, even when applied with fingers
  • Packaging (hygienic, easy to squeeze bottle)
Cons
  • Shade selection
  • Lower SPF
  • Semi sheer coverage to medium
  • Shades do run a little darker

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.