Hautelook Haul: Corioliss



I have been lusting after a clipless curling iron for as long as I can remember and lately, I've seen more and more bloggers do looks from their clipless irons. So when Hautelook had a sale on them, I jumped at the chance of getting one.


Ta daaa ... this is my Corioliss - The Wand - 18mm




This baby was $40, which isn't that bad for a pro kind of hair tool. I debated on this for a long time and then I just placed my order. They also had a bunch of different sizes and I think this was the largest one.




One thing that really surprised me was how lightweight it was. It literally feels like you are holding nothing. Even the barrel doesn't weight much. I'm not gonna lie, I thought it was kinda cheapie when I picked it up.




BUT THEN I USED IT!!! lol The iron is amazing and actually created the looks that you see on everyone's blogs.  My hair is not very thick at all and layered so even thought I copied a couple of looks, they're not exactly the same.




One word of advice ... USE THE HEAT GLOVE!!! It comes with the box. There is no room to put your hand anywhere on the wand except on the handle. I stubbornly didn't use it and burned my hand before putting on the glove.



5 comments:

G A B Y said...
August 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I love those kind of curling irons, much more quicker and easier to use than irons with clamp, and the results is beautiful! $40 is a great bargain for a pro tool (:

Lily said...
September 1, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Oh thanks so much for the suggestion, I'm wasting so much time with my old rollers I needed a new recomendation on a curling iron/product.
Your curls look amazing!

Jayme and Mendi said...
September 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on a good clipless curling iron! Jayme has been thinking about buying one, so I'll be sure to pass this on to her. Gotta love Hautelook too...we buy things from them ALL of the time!

Thanks for visiting our blog & dropping us a comment! It's so cool that you live so close to us. Maybe we need to plan a blogger meet-up one day. :)

XOXO ~
Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

Nat said...
September 1, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I haven't used a curling iron for quite a long time because I could never get the hang of it and never ended up with the sort of curls I wanted. Your hair looks great in the photos, though! May look in to getting a clipless curling iron. Thanks for the review!

adthenshesmiled said...
September 1, 2011 at 4:44 PM

@Gaby Thanks! It makes me feel better when someone agrees with the price lol

@Lily Thanks girl! I used to use heated curlers too but the curls never stayed long and I used TONS of hairspray too. With this iron, you only need 10 mins and a sprinkle of hairspray.

@Mendi I love your site and yea a blogger meet up would be so cool! I never really meet people from VA

@Nat I just watched a lot of youtube videos before I actually tried it. I think the trick is just to get all your curls going in the same direction.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.