August 2011 Birchbox!








So I cheated and watched a couple of youtube videos and looked at a couple of blogposts about this month's box. I have to say, from what I saw, I was pretty disappointed. I wasn't interested in any of the products and the only makeup related thing was the Smashbox Photo Primer and I already own that.


I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my mailbox and my birchbox was sitting in there!


I literally took my time, ran some errands, and then went home to open it.


Imagine my surprise when my Birchbox had a ton of stuff I didn't expect!! I was not as disappointed as I thought I would be! I got lucky.




Number 4 (Lumiere D'hiver, Reconstructing Masque)- This rich treatment does more than hydrate, soy proteins strengthen strands from the inside, while light-reflecting polymers add major gloss.


This is a giant hair sample too. I was pretty surprised that it included this and the little envelope sample too.



Pangea Organics (Cleanser for Oily to Combination Skin) – this is a cleanser formulated with a blend of natural ingredients like fruit, herbs and honey to restore your skin’s pH level. Also contains antioxidants of Australian wild plum with calming Native American willow herb and yucca extracts to balance, soothe and refresh skin. Manuka honey is also added to boost the cleanser’s antibacterial power.

This surprised me. It's a pretty decent size sample and I'm always looking for a good cleaner.


Twistband (Hair Tie) - This soft elastic gives the hair tie a sophisticated makeover - it looks as good on your wrist as it does in your hair. 

I don't know about anyone else, but who designed this thing!? I'm not sure why there is a knot in this hair tie and why it's so thick. I would never just wear this on my wrist and it doesn't stay in my hair. Big fat fails!


Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir (Perfume) - The Italian house's latest winnerhas waves of ripe fruit with a base of heady jasmine. 

I think this was the perfume from some of the other blogger's May Birchbox. I got the Kate Spade one instead and I must say I prefer this one much better. The scent is so feminine and unique that I haven't smelled anything else like it before.



Tocca (SPF 30+ sunscreen towelettes in stella)- Forget Eau d' Coconut, these oversize SPF towelettes are infused with TACCA'S stella, a citrusy scent that channels the Italian Riviera.

I never wear really high SPF in the summer. I think 15 is the highest, so I'm not sure if these wipes will see much action and especially since Summer is almost over, I'm not planning on marinating out in the sun anytime soon.






So every month I like to post pictures of other blogger's boxes and this month was really hard bc a lot of people got very different boxes. Check it out ...


Source: 20somethingbeautyadict
Source: Her late night cravings
Source: Her late night cravings
Source: Utopista
Source: Ivypink

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.