REVIEW: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation and Powder!

Maybelline has a Fit Me line that recently came out and I absolutely love my Revlon Colorstay Foundation, but the commercials make it seem so blendable, so I wanted to try it out. I've been wearing this foundation for a couple of weeks so i thought that I would give it a  short review based on my experience. I purchased both the foundation and powder from Target for around $6.99 each. The line also carries a concealer, blush and bronzer.


Fit Me Foundation in 220 Natural Beige
Pros
  • The consistancy was very creamy and easy to blend and work with.
  • It makes my skin look dewy, but I have heard that with oily skin, it makes it worse.
  • The packaging looks very upscale and sleek.
Cons
  • I wish it had a pump, but then again I wish my Revlon Colorstay had a pump too.
  • There is a slight make-up fragrance, but I don't notice it that much.
  • The staying power is very short without the right setting powder. I tried using the matching powder, but I prefer the Cargo HD blu-ray powder, it makes the foundation last longer.
Overall the foundation provides light coverage and depending on your complexion, when the foundation starts to fade and oxidize, it ends up making you look blotchy and dirty.  This only happened to me when I forgot to clean my face before bed. I'm not sure I would repurchase this foundation just because I prefer my Revlon Colorstay.

Fit Me Pressed Powder in 220  
Pros
  • The powder made my skin very soft and it blended well with the foundation.
Cons
  • The powder smudges and transfers onto clothes really easily.
  • The foundation appeared darker than the powder.
  • Doesn't appear to work.
Even though the powder foundation is very affordable, I would rather spend the same amount of money on my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. That's my favorite drugstore powder.

The one thing that bothers me is that the powder doesn't seem to work or help my foundation any. It didn't prevent oiliness and it didn't make my foundation last longer. At the end of the day, I want a great setting powder and for the money you spend on this, there are better drugstore powders out there.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.