July 2011 Birchbox!

Birchbox Teams With Cynthia Rowley for July ...


Imagine my surprise when I came home and the Birchbox was sitting in front of my apt door. I didn't even get the shipping email yet! I was a little bit upset bc the weather was 100 degrees, so if there was anything meltable (i know i made that word up) it would be done.

I was actually really surprised at this month's box. I didn't really like May's, but I ended up loving June's. I'm hoping it just gets better and better.

My hair is naturally straight so I only use hair spray when I  curl my hair. I love travel size sprays bc they fit perfectly into your bag.
Redkin | Shine Flash 02 | 4.4 oz  for $17
A must have for all Cynthia’s runway shows, this weightless spray gives hair a brilliant shine.

I'm really picky about my granola bars and I hope this one tastes really good.
Kind | Almond and Apricot | Extra

Snack right with this wholesome bar — no preservatives or hard to pronounce ingredients.
“These are my favs! I always have one in my bag just in case.” – Cynthia Rowley

I love this cleaner. I actually brought a full sized bottle a couple of week ago and I'm excited for this travel size. I'm traveling pretty soon so the little size will come in handy. And for a Philosophy product, this is a generous size.
Philosophy | Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser | 8 oz | $20 & 16 oz | $32
This perennial award-winner is pH-balanced to gently clear away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying skin.

I got a Zoya polish a couple of boxes ago and I haven't even used it yet. I didn't really like the color, but this one is spot on. It's a perfect neutral with just a hint of a sheen.
Zoya | Touch Collection Nail Polish in Shay| 0.5 fl oz | $8
Neutral gets a sexy makeover in this creamy, slightly metallic nude. The perfect accessory to summer’s bright fashions.

I don't know why they keep sending hand creams from this brand. I can get the full size at TJ Maxx for half the price. I wish they tried giving a different brand or something like a scrub. The smell of this hand cream isn't really my favorite either. It's very earthy.
AHAVA| Mineral Hand Cream | 3.4 fl oz | $20
Loaded with Dead Sea minerals, this fast-absorbing cream heals dry hands without a smidge of residue.

Overall, the box was ok. I liked everything they sent me, but then again I like little products and the box jacket was super cute this month. I was a little bit surprised bc besides the Cynthia Rowley jacket on the box, there wasn't anything else by her. They could have at least sent us a pen or a piece of cardstock.


Here is other blogger's boxes ...


Powerfemme - Source
Kiss an Makeup - Source
Be Your Own Beauty - Source

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.