May Favorites 2011!!

I can't believe it's already June and my birthday is days away. This month flew by super fast and I actually got around to doing my favorites in a decent amount of time. A lot of my favorites are summer items or things that I've just been reaching for a lot. Enjoy!




The first 2 things are for summer sun protection, well kinda. I am absolutely in love with my Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect Lotion in Coconut Papaya. It's super moisturizing and the smell is amazing! It definitly reminds me of a day at the beach.




The second sun item is my hair sunscreen! I know right!? I dye my hair every couple of weeks and this stuff is amazing at protecting my color. It's by Keratase and it's called the Voile Protecteur(Soleil). It's made with Ceramide and rice bran oil to help protect the brightness of colour. 


I bought this at TJ Maxx last summer so I'm not sure if they make it anymore. The smell is so fresh and it actually protect my hair all day! It's also non greasy and it doesn't feel like I have anything on.




I have 3 lip products this month. I've been having a hard time wearing lipstick because my lips are peeling. I found this pen like lip exfoliator at CVS. It's called Focus on Lips. It was 50% off so it was only $4.99.




The tip of the pen is a little exfoliator pad and the stuff that comes out of it is a white moisturizer. I usually use it once a week and wipe off the moisturizer when I'm done and apply a different balm. It makes me lips super smooth and I love it!






My favorite lip balm of this month actually came with a bottle of sunscreen I bought and I love it. It has SPF15 and it keeps my lips moisturized the whole time i'm at the pool and even after my shower too! It's by Neutrogena and it's their Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer. It doesn't have a taste either which is great.




The last lip product is another lip balm. Well sort of? It's by Smashbox and it's their Lip Treatment with SPF 15. I wear this at night before I go to bed and when I wake up, my lips are super soft and not chapped! 





My favorite nail polish this month is by Essie (of course). I found that I like Essie's nail polish formula better than I love OPI or China Glaze. It's just so smooth and so long lasting and there are soooo many color choices. In honor of summer, I choose a bright sherbet colored orange. I have it on my toes right now and it looks amazing and makes my feet look so much tanner too. It's called Tart Deco.





I haven't really been using any new make up items because it's so hot that I haven'treally been wearing any. I did pick up a couple of NYX Concealer Jars and I actually like the formula. I bought 2 different shades because I wasn't sure. I actually mix the 2 or just use 1 shade depending on the area of my face. I use the lighter one for underneath my eyes and the darker one for my blemishes.





I love the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. I can't believe it took me this long to jump on it. It's very natural looking and it's matte so that's the best part. I can use it to contour or just below my cheeks to give me a little bit of color. I highly recommend this bronzer if anyone is looking to try a new one.





0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.