Brush Cleaning?

So I bought a new set of Crown Brushes and I deep cleaned them before using them. I've bought a lot of brushes and cleaned a lot of them, but I've never had them bleed like these have. The larger blush brushes, all bleed black dye when I washed them with my cleaner.


I use Dr. Bronner's soap along with my Sephora purifying brush shampoo. I don't really like the smell of the Dr. Bronner's soap. The kind I got has a heavy peppermint smell (they come in a lot of different ones), so I usually wash it again with my Sephora shampoo.




I tried to take a picture of the black dye coming off the brush, but it was very hard holding the camera and the brush at the same time.




Anyone else have this happen with a new set of make up brushes?

1 comments:

Jessica-Marie said...
June 25, 2011 at 4:06 AM

I've never used brush cleansers and I think that the makeup brush set you washed may have had dyed hairs in them. I've actually picked up a technique that an artist friend of mine uses for his brushes (he says it's the safest and cheapest way).

All you need is extra virgin olive oil and a mild liquid soap. Just mix about 1tbsp of the oil and 2tbsp of the soap together. Swirl your brush in there, and as you rinse them off swirl the brush on your hand underneath warm water.

Please comment/follow my blog
& I'll definitely return the favor :)

www.happykikay.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.