Extreme Couponing?!

So in my free time, I have been watching a lot of Extreme Couponing (don't ask why lol). I guess deep down I'm a little bit of a cheapskate and seeing everyone getting all these free things made me want to try it. So I googled 'coupon blogs' and a couple of places came up with pretty specific directions.



I only bought one sunday paper this week (Roanoke Times) so I didn't have exactly all the coupons that everyone was talking about, but I made what I had work. I only tried to CVS by my house and this is what I did.

Transaction #1
(1) Ivory 3 pk - $0.99
(1) Colegate MaxClean SmartFoam, MaxWhite, or MaxFresh Toothpaste 6oz - $2.77

$.75/1 Colgate Toothpaste Coupon
$1/1 Ivory Bar, Body Wash, or Liquid Hand Soap Coupon

Total Due: $2.02 + Tax
ExtraBucks: $2.77 

The extracare bucks actually made the toothpaste FREE and I actually made $0.75!!


Transaction #2
(1) John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo $6.99
(1) John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner $3.49 (Buy1get1 50% off)

~ (2) $3.00 John Frieda Root Awakening Coupon (There was only 1 coupon in the paper, I swiped one from my mom's paper lol)
~ Extrabucks $2.77 (from the previous transaction)

Total Due: $1.71 + Tax

All in all, I only spent about $5 and I got 2 hair products, 1 free package of soap, and 1 free toothpaste! I've been wanting to try the shampoo and conditioner for  a while now and at this price, it was definitely worth it! I also picked up some beauty products but that's for another post! lol

7 comments:

Katie Abshier said...
May 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Good purchase! I've been doing the same (watching extreme couponing). I've been cutting out coupons that I know I'll use like there's one for bogo old spice body wash and that's what my boyfriend uses. There were quite a bit of good coupons in the paper this weekend. I might have to go to CVS soon..now that I know what you spent.

Katie Abshier said...
May 4, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Oh, I forgot to add..You should follow this ladies blog http://www.thecouponposse.com/ she posts up coupons all the time for great deals and she'll go to walmart or wherever and put the prices like you did so you know how much you are spending. :)

Katie Abshier said...
May 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Ok..so I'm confused cause I went down to my cvs and I used all the same coupons except I didn't have two of the $3 off John Frieda ones but I had a $1 and a $3 off. Well my total for 2 toothpastes and the john frieda shampoo and conditioner was $11.00. What was I doing wrong? How do you get the extra bucks?

adthenshesmiled said...
May 4, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Hey girlie!

You have to buy the toothpastes before the shampoo/conditioner. I also had a coupon from the paper for 0.75 off so you're actually making money.

Then it should print off extracare bucks for $2.77 for each toothpaste (idk if you can do it more than once)

Then I used the $2.77 extracare bucks plus my 2 $3.00 off coupons (I had to buy more than 1 newspaper to get 2)

The total should come to $2.02 plus tax for the 1st transaction and then $2.00 plus tax for the 2nd transaction.

Katie Abshier said...
May 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM

aw..well that sucks cause I ended up canceling the order and he kept my coupons :-/ Oh well. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Did you do the 2 transactions at the same store, right after another? How do you use the extracare bucks, they just go on your card and then when they ring your card again it'll take them off? Poopy, I should have paid more attention lol. Thanks for explaining it though.

adthenshesmiled said...
May 6, 2011 at 2:11 AM

My CVS is pretty lenient about coupons and transactions. I definitely just did one after the other. I've heard other people have had problems with their CVS.

The extracare bucks just print off at the bottom of your receipt. I think you have to have the card to get it though. I always end up losing it if I don't use them right away lol

Katie Abshier said...
May 6, 2011 at 10:22 AM

oh..ok well next time I guess I'll just have to pay better attention lol. Yeah I always carry my card or if not I have the little one on my key ring.

I think one of the best deals I have come across was when there was the Nivea $3.00 off body wash coupon in the paper. I got 1 for women and 1 for men and got 2 body washes for $0.78 each. It was awesome. Plus there was a couple of good ones in the paper for men body wash and there's one for Old Spice BOGO and one for Right Guard. We picked up 2 Right Guard body washes for $2.49..Going to go to walmart to get the old spice one cause they didn't have the scent my boyfriend likes lol. Have you found any other good deals? This one lady that I follow her blog http://www.thecouponposse.com/ she posts up a bunch of coupons and samples.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.