ALAD Day 7: Urban Decay The Iconic Lipstick in Rush

So Urban Decay has always been one of my favorite brands of make up. I just wasn't sure about the lipies. I got the color Rush. In my local Ulta, there isn't a sample of these lipsticks so I had to eyeball the color choice. I did end up picking something I loved!




First off, let's talk about the packaging. It's so unique and eye catching. Each lipstick is stored inside a large, heavy container that has two toned dark and light purple swirls on the outside. The top of the case is decorated with a mini dagger and each lipstick is encased is a shiny purple metallic tube that can be seen through the swirly design. Each lipstick is also engraved with Urban Decay and a tiny dagger.




According to Urban Decay this is " Not your standard Lipstick case, we added more glamour and an Urban twist: Urban Decay Lipstick tubes, made from weighty, purple metal, are pierced with a mini gunmetal dagger. The clear cap is decorated inside and out with two-toned purple flourishes. The effect is multidimensional, and incredibly luxe .Ooh la la."




The lipsticks are of top notch quality. They are infused with Vitamin A, C, E and have plenty of other ingredients to minimize fine lines and wrinkles. It tastes a bit like candy but the smell isn't so candy-ish. The price does seem a little steep at $22 but the quality, the choice of colors and the packaging makes it totally worth it.


The color Rush is actually a pinky nude lipstick. The lipstick is a sheer creme formula with the tiniest micro shimmer infused in the neutral pink color. It isn't noticeable at all on the lips, but it does give that extra glossy shine when viewed in the right light. I would say the formula and finish reminds me of the MAC Lustre formula.




Source: Temptalia


KEY NOTES:
Pigmentation: Like a dream, but some colors has gritty sparkles
Long-lasting? About 3 hours with no food or drink
Finish: A sheer creamy finish
Texture: Creamy and smooth
Scent: Slight vanilla, candy smell
Taste: No taste
Packaging: Extremely unique but not sure about practicality 
Cost: $22
Overall: This was one of my first lipsticks I ever purchases and I didn't even get a chance to swatch the color. I hit the nail on the head though! I love love LOVE the color, pigmentation, and consistency of the lipsticks. If it wasn't for the price, I would own all of them!

    Pros
  • Lots of color choices
  • Pigmentation
  • Creamy and smooth
  • Long lasting
  • Packaging
    Cons
  • Can be drying sometimes
  • Price
  • Some colors are gritty because of the sparkles
  • Packaging can be bulky to carry around

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.