ALAD Day 6: Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Delish

I was hesitant to purchase these lipsticks because I have never had really good experience with Covergirl. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and I'm not going to lie, but the package also had a big influence on my decision.




The packaging has changed dramatically from their previous products. It's no longer a clear plastic tube over a cheap blue plastic bottom. They come in a sturdy purple case and the lipstick screws entirely down so you don't have to worry about it hitting the cap. The line has 44 shades of color, each one is true to the bottom of the tube. That is also another feature I liked. You can store these upside down and not have to open the tube to see what color it is. 




The lipsticks are somewhat moisturizing. They apply very creamy and smoothly. They do tend to dry out my lips a little when not worn with gloss or balm. I have also found that this lipstick tends to settle into chapped lips and makes it look worse. The color payoff is excellent though and the pigmentation is true to the bottom of the tube.


Source

The shade Delish (255) is a light nude with slight brown undertones. It almost looks like is has coral undertones when applied to my lips. It actually doesn't match my natural lip color very well, and you can definitely tell that I am wearing lipstick, whereas some nudes, it blends more naturally.


You can see how dry my lips are!

On different lips (Source: MeiMei)
Cover Girl claims that their lipstick is formulated  with Silk Therapy Complex which helps with sustaining the moisture levels which helps create soft, smooth, and beautiful lips in just a week after using this productI haven't really seen the results and I used it for about a week. I'm not sure if it's because i always use a balm underneath my lipsticks.




The smell of the lipstick reminds me of old lipstick. It has a heavy plastic taste to it. The smell on the other hand is really vanilla and candyish. I'm not sure the combination together is ideal.


Here's a list of all the colors available separated by category:
Browns: Sultry, Smolder, Bewitch, Impassion, Hypnotic, Enthrall, Captivate, Fervor, Enchant, Smoky Enamor
Lilacs/Mauves: Smitten, Precious, Soulmate, Spellbound, Divine, Embrace, Entwined, Everlasting, Eternal, Tempt, Euphoria, Enchantress
Nudes/Corals/Red: Delish, Heavenly, Romance, Rush, Kiss, Rapture, Temptation, Burn, Rich, Flame, Hot

Pinks/Roses: Verve, Coquette, Dazzle, Feline, Sweetheart, Darling, Temptress, Fairytale, Delight, Siren



KEY NOTES:
Pigmentation: True to the bottom of the tube
Long-lasting? About 2 hours with no food or drink
Finish: A nice cream finish
Texture: Creamy and smooth
Scent: Slight vanilla smell
Taste: Disgusting plastic taste.
Packaging: Sleek and well designed. Love the actual coloring on the bottom of the tube.
Cost: $8
Overall: I'm not a huge fan of this color. I think it's average and the only time I would wear it is underneath gloss. I think I just need to try out more shades from their collection and stay away from the browns. 

    Pros
  • Lots of color choices
  • Pigmentation
  • Creamy and smooth
  • Easy to find
  • Packaging!!
    Cons
  • Can be drying
  • Darker colors tend to stain lips
  • Some colors are too sheer
  • Taste

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
February 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I use covergirl colorsensational lipstick in delish 255 this color lipstick is really beautiful very smooth gliding on my lips and very moistureizing also and I only reapply again after eating and drinking this lipstick stays on all day for me and I am on my third tube already of delish 255 and I usually bounce from lip color to lip color because I am sooo fickle and I get tired of all colors all the time, but not with delish. I hope covergirl always makes this lipstick and never gets discontinued like some of my colors in the past. thank you covergirl for making the color sensational lipstick in delish I will always buy this color and I just love it and I know I just can't live without it.
thanks,
Gina Reagan

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.