ALAD Day 17: MAC Viva GaGa Glam 2

The Viva GaGa Glam 2 lipie is a pretty nude color, MAC describes it as a “light warm beige.” I think it’s more of a pale beige nude with an amplified finish. The amplified finish gives the lipstick a creamier consistency, a bit more pigmentation, and a semi-matte finish.




I tried the lipie with and without preparation and I definitely found without prep, it was a little bit drier than others, so I highly recommend something under it. Its not that the lipstick is drying, I think it's just the finish of it, which is slightly matte.


When I didn't prep my lips, the wear time was practically non-exsistant and it dried out my lips beyond belief. The next time, I put a balm (like EOS or the ELF lip conditioner) underneath and it improved wear time to about 3 hours, which is average. Without the balm, I found that it also settled into the fine lines around my lips and showed more imperfection.


The MAC lipsticks don't really have a taste to them, but they do have a slight vanilla smell to 
it. I don't mind and it fades pretty fast.




The packaging is pretty much the same as the other MAC lipies, but this one has the red trim for the special edition effect. And if you didn't know, all the proceeds from the Viva Glam line goes towards the MAC AIDS Fund. They have raised millions since it started in 1994.




The color of the lipstick is a nude brown in the tube, but when applied, it turns a nice pinkish nude. It's a very wearable shade for ladies of all skin colors. I just love it!





Here's the lipie on other bloggers!
Source: VampyVarnish


Source: MakeupGeek

KEY NOTES:
Pigmentation: Buildable but sheer
Long-lasting? About 3 hours with no food or drink
Finish: amplified finish which is semi matte
Texture: Creamy
Scent: slightly vanilla smell
Taste: No taste
Packaging: Black tube with red Gaga accents
Cost: $14.50
Overall: I love this lipstick even though it's drying for my lips. The color is so pretty that I just put on extra balm or just a coat of lipgloss. It's perfect for day or night. The only thing I don't like about it is the availability. You either have to order online or go to a counter/specialty MAC store. For someone like me that lives in the middle of no where, it's a pain.

    Pros
  • Pigmentation
  • Buildable color
  • Packaging
  • Consistancy
    Cons
  • Settles into dry lips
  • Drying
  • Limited Edition
  • Price

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.