ALAD Day 15: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Dreamy


This lipstick was a complete impulse buy. I went to the store to look for the shade Spotlight Beige, but I CANNOT seem to find that shade anywhere!! I've looked at Target, CVS and WalMart! So I opted for the color Dreamy instead.


The color is Dreamy. I'm not sure about other colors, but this one is not very pigmented. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this color is supposed to be. It's not very far from my natural lip color, so I love that it gives you a slight sheen.  It's a peachy pink color with a slight shimmer.


It applies super smooth and gives the prettiest color. I was slightly surprised because I thought with the higher SPF and the shimmer, it would be a little grittier and not as glossy.


Out of habit, I do apply balm before applying lipstick BUT I have worn this lipstick without balm and it still feels super smooth and doesn't settle into chapped lips. The lipstick has a slight rose smell but no taste. I'm not sure I would recommend this color to ladies with darker lip color because it might not show up as well.


The packaging is also super cute! It's bright purple with their signature logo on the top of the cap. 


Rimmel Description
Smoother Lips, Better Colour. This moisture-infused lip essential reduces lip dryness by up to 65% for smoother lips and better colour. Developed with SPF 18 and a cutting edge Self Adapting Moisture Complex that features Hylaronic Acid, Collagen and Vitamins A, C and E to nourish lips, leaving them with a smoother surface for better colour application and wear. 24 creamy, moisturizing shades come richly wrapped in an elegant metallic purple case.


Dreamy on other blogger's lips!

Source: MetallicPink

KEY NOTES:
Pigmentation: Depends on shade
Long-lasting? About 1 hours with no food or drink
Finish: Creamy with a frosty finish
Texture: Smooth
Scent: Slight rose smell
Taste: No taste
Packaging: Purple tube with logo on cap
Cost: $5 to 6
Overall: I loved the first Rimmel lipstick I ever bought so this one definitely didn't disappoint. The quality for the price is worth it. Some shades are really hard to find. I like that the lipstick has a higher SPF, which is perfect for the coming season. I also like that the lipstick isn't drying at all and it gives off the prettiest color. 

    Pros
  • Moisturizing
  • High SPf 18
  • Doesn't irritate lips
  • Quality
  • Price
    Cons
  • Not long lasting
  • Certain shades are hard to find
  • Color might not be good for darker lips

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.