ALAD Day 14: NYX Round Lipstick in Milan

The blogging community always raves about the NYX Round Lipsticks. They're super affordable and they come in a HUGE variety of shades. Once again, I opted for the neutral, everyday wearable shades.

The shade I picked up was 621 Milan. It was really hard looking at swatches online and on other people's lips, trying to find the best shade. Milan is a nice dusty pinkish shade. It's on the neutral side with just a hint of rosey pink. The top of the cap shows the shade name and number. 




It's weird because when I swatched it on my hand, it came out a darker berry shade, but when I put it on my lips the color is a lot more sheer. It is buildable to get a darker color, but I like the color it produces with just 1 swipe.


For the price of these lipsticks, I actually really like the packaging. It's just a simple black tube with their label on the front. It also sports a clear plastic on the bottom that shows you the shade. The shade is 100% accurate. I love it! It makes looking and storing my lipsticks so much easier.

Don't ever trust the website shades, they are no where near the actual color.



INGREDIENTS: Ceresin Wax, Polyethlene Wax, Candelilla wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Lanoline Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oils, Octyl Palmitate, BHA, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red No.A1 Lake, Pearl Powder, Iron Oxide.

Lipstick on other blogger's lips!
Source: Summer Kisser

KEY NOTES:
Pigmentation: it's true to color, very wearable shades
Long-lasting? About 2 hours with no food or drink
Finish: Creamy with a soft sheen
Texture: Smooth
Scent: No scent
Taste: No taste
Packaging: Black tube with color on the bottom
Cost: $4
Overall: For the price, these are worth it and there are a lot of shades to choose from. If you can't find one flattering shade then you're crazy! I only have about 3 or 4 of these lipsticks because my local stores don't carry the brand, but I love them and definitely recommend them to other people. I do think you still have to prep your lips and add balm before you apply or else it does settle into chapped lips.

    Pros
  • Smooth
  • Doesn't irritate lips
  • Packaging with color on the bottom
  • LOTS of Color choices
  • Price
    Cons
  • Not long lasting
  • Shades don't match real color online
  • Bleeding in darker shades
  • Not really moisturizing or drying, need to prep lips anyways

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.