ALAD Day 1: Rimmel London's lasting finish in Airy Fairy

I'm pretty sure everyone at one time or another has tried the Rimmel London's lasting finish intense wear lipsticks. I bought this years ago and it is still one of my favorites!




The color appears very pink, but it's actually applies like a nude pink. It's perfect for everyday wear and with a gloss it looks nice for night time. For reference, I'm a NC35.



What they say:
Locks colour to lips for up to 8 hours wear. 50% more colour. Soft, smooth, comfortable formula.



The color is very buildable. In one layer, it appears very nude, but applied heavier, it can appear almost like a Barbie pink. It glides on creamy and smooth and gives a medium lasting finish.  If I don't eat or drink, the wear time time is average (about 3 hours).




Flash - swatch on NC20 skin (Source: SwatchandLearn)
Different skin tone (Source: IndianGirl)
The lipstick isn't very drying, but it's also not very moisturizing either. It has a nice texture to it. I would definitely make sure that your lips are exfoliated and properly moisturized before applying because it's not very forgiving on chapped lips. It actually makes my lips peel more if I don't use a balm or something underneath.


The lipstick has a very unique scent to it. It's almost sweet like a cotton candy smell. I like it just because it doesn't remind me of fake plastic lipstick scent that some have. There really isn't a taste to the lipstick either.


The price also make this lipstick a steal! It's very affordable and it's available at any drugstore  or supermarket. 


KEY NOTES:
Pigmentation: Buildable. One coat is pretty nude, more than 1 coat gives a brighter pink.
Long-lasting? Average about 3 hrs, non-resistant with food and drinking
Finish: A slight creamy finish. Some say it's frosty, but I think it depends on skin tone.
Texture: Creamy and smooth
Scent: A candy-ish smell
Taste: Light taste, not very noticeable compared to others.
Packaging: Very sleek. Looks more expensive than it is.
Cost: $5-6
Overall: It's an average lipstick but for some reason I love it. I think it has to be the color. It's very flattering on most skin types and the texture is really lovely. I highly recommend you try it if you're looking for a lipie.




    Pros
  • Flattering color for most skin types
  • Creamy texture
  • Not a strong taste
  • Price
  • Easy to find
    Cons
  • Some dislike the smell
  • Must prep lips to wear
  • Accentuates chapped lips

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.