ALAD Day 5: Maybelline Color Sensational in Bronze Beam

I'm still very undecided on this lipstick. I think it really depends on what weather I wear it in because it's drying in the winter and it's not very long lasting in the summer. The color I picked was Bronze Beam.




This lipstick came out a year ago and it's apart of Maybelline's Color Sensational line. They called it 'The Pearl Collection.'



I was a little bit worried about this shade because I thought it would be too brown for me. I read somewhere that brown makes your teeth more yellow, so I was a little self-conscious when I wore it. The shade is actually more of a bronze nude. It's not very pigmented and kinda just gives the lips a slight metallic shimmer. But I think it's buildable after a couple of swipes.




The good thing about Maybelline's Color Sensational Line is the color selection. They carry around 48 shades, which are broken down into "Pinks", "Neutrals", "Plums" and "Reds".  Each color selection is further broken down by the color of the caps.



The lipstick has a vanillaish candy smell to it. It smells pleasant, but the taste is awful. It reminds me of plastic.


I actually think I might be slightly allergic to the lipsticks because after wearing it, it does make the top part of my lip peel.






KEY NOTES:
Pigmentation: Sheer but buildable
Long-lasting? About 1 to 2 hours with no food or drink
Finish: A shimmery metallic
Texture: Creamy and smooth
Scent: Slight vanilla smell
Taste: Disgusting plastic taste.
Packaging: Kinda replicates some of the higher end lipies
Cost: $5-6
Overall: I'm not a huge fan of this color. I think it's average and the only time I would wear it is underneath gloss. I think I just need to try out more shades from their collection and stay away from the browns. 


    Pros
  • Lots of color choices
  • Buildable color
  • Smell
  • Price
  • Packaging
    Cons
  • The color is very sheer
  • Shimmer makes lips gritty
  • Possible allergy
  • Taste

1 comments:

Riya~ said...
May 15, 2011 at 5:04 PM

That's a really great deal and the colors are lovely! Thank you for sharing dear!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.