REVIEW: Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer


Product: 3 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 3 out of 5
Overall: 3 out of 5
Price: $14.95 (kinda steep for drugstore)

Ingredients
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 5.0%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.5%, ZINC OXIDE 2.94% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CAPYRLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SD ALCOHOL 40, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEPTYL UNDECYLENATE, LECITHIN, PEG/PPG -20/15 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, DIACETYL BOLDINE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GELATIN, GENISTEIN, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 PALMITATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SQUALANE, SUCROSE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, UBIQUINONE, XANTHAN GUM, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 

I’ve been looking for something simple to use in the mornings when I’m running late. I ended up picking up this tinted moisturizer because of the packaging (I’m a sucker for cute things!) and also because it had such high SPF.

I have to say this product disappointed me a little. For the price that you pay, the quality isn’t that great. The shade selection (4 shades) isn’t that great either. I picked up the “Natural to Tan” shade (which is the darkest they carry) and it matched my skin horribly! I’m usually a NC35-40 depending on how much sun I get, but this product gave me the whitest overcast and it looked so cakey! I had to apply a bronzer all over to get the color right.

The consistency of the tinted moisturizer is a little runny also, but I like that it can be controlled through the pump. Once applied, it feels heavy like I have foundation on, but I think that’s because of the high SPF. Some people complained about it becoming greasy, I have dry skin so that didn’t happen.

Source
The smell of this is very distinct, kinda like a stronger Revlon Colorstay smell. I didn’t like it very much, but once you apply the product, it disappears. The coverage is medium. It won’t cover scars or anything like that, but it evens out your skin tone.

I applied my tinted moisturized with a sponge (I found this is the best way, with my hands or brush, it got a little greasier faster) Then I used a concealer to cover my scars and under eye area. Then I set my moisturizer with a powder (usually my HD Cargo Powder). I tried without the powder and when it was hotter outside, it started to “melt” off.

Pros
  • Pump
  •  Package
  •  Coverage
  • High SPF (50)
Cons
  •           Price
  •           Limited shade selection
  •      Can be heavy/greasy after a little while
  •      Some people actually broke out from this

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.