Rediscovered love and LAZY Foundation Routine!

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in 008 Golden Beige

So I recently rediscovered my love for the Revlon PhotoReady foundation. I hate to admit this but I rediscovered this foundation out of sheer laziness! It's my go to everyday foundation and it basically applies in no time at all. Perfect for the early morning work routine!

A lot of bloggers and gurus out there complain about the shimmers in the foundation, but it doesn't bother me at all. It actually gives me a nice 'healthy' dewy look. I do have to say that this foundation is horrible for flash pictures!! I wore it out one time and took a picture, it made me look like a ghost!! 

Another GREAT feature of this foundation is the PUMP! I wish they would add the pump to the Colorstay Foundation already bc I waste so much product using a sponge! It literally soaks through to the other side by the time I'm done applying. I do the trick where you put some on the back of your hand and then you dab at it. Even that wastes a lot of product!

(Source: Askmewhats)
I apply the PhotoReady with my Sonia Kashuk synthetic flat top brush.  This has got to be one of my favorite foundation brushes! It's small enough to get the area around my nose, but big enough to apply foundation. I've seen a lot of other bloggers use this for cream foundations or blush as well.


After I apply my foundation, I apply concealer to the area underneath my eyes and to my blemishes. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews and directions on WHEN to apply concealer. I switch it up most times, but I usually apply before foundation. I read somewhere that for liquid foundations it's after and for powders it's before.

The current concealer(s) that I'm using is a toss up between Two Faced Absolutely flawless (medium), Benefit Erase Paste (Medium) and Maybelline SuperStay 24 hr (Medium Beige). I switch up the concealers depending on what and where I am going for that day/night. I usually use the drugstore stuff when I'm working and the nicer stuff for going out. 

I do have to say that the Benefit Erase Paste is kinda hard to work with if you're not used to that consistency. I usually apply a primer below my eyes (on top of my regular primer) to get the concealer to stay put longer. I've been addicted to using Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Eye primer. I got it in the $10 kit from Sephoras. Done right I've has this one last me 24+ hours!


The next thing I do is contour my cheeks with a bronzer. I usually grab whatever is handy. I've been using Stila's Sun Bronzer, but today I wanted to try out my Physician's Formula Cashmere Wear Bronzer.  I'm not very good at this, but practice makes perfect right!
(Source: Here)
The next step I do is apply powder. I switch it up between Cargo's HD powder (2 Medium) and my Rock & republic Pressed Powder (Cashmere). I just buff it on lightly with a fluffy brush.


Then I add a little cheek color. I don't have a favorite blush yet bc wearing blush is still really new to me. I wore Hard Candy's Living Doll, but I need to play around with some more brands before I declare a favorite.

Then voila! I'm done (well except for my eyes, but that's another post ;)


Sorry I'm at work so I'm wearing my work shirt!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Someone, Somewhere, Blogging. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.